NAD L53 with Dana Audio 1

Username: Manhattan01

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 4
Anyone familiar with either of these? I'm a beginner/novice looking for a 2 channel receiver with the (built in) ability to play CD's (DVD's are a bonus as in the case with the L53). Here are the specs for the Dana's that I have:

Drivers: 6 1/2" cone woofer and 3/4" titanium-dome tweeter
Frequency Response: 63 Hz to 20 kHz, +/-3 dB.
Sensitivity: 87 dB at 1 meter, 2.83 V rms applied.
Crossover Frequency: 3.15 kHz.
Impedance: 8 ohms, nominal.
Power Handling: 60 watts continuous, 100 watts peak.
or:
http://www.danaaudio.com/model1.html

I'm curious to know what I can expect from the NAD which is rated at 2 x 50 watts, 20Hz-20kHz, at <0.08% THD, both channels driven into 8 Ohms (NAD Full Disclosure Power)

I have no clue what I just typed...I just copied that from a site. Will the Dana's be underpowered with the NAD? Is this a bad match? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 715
Spencer,

I have a friend who owns an L53 in his spare bedroom. His main HiFi is big money and he works in the industry. He considers the L53 to be outstanding value. It makes music very well indeed and its DVD performance is OK (if not spectacular).

I don't know the Dana speakers at all. The specs indicate that the NAD should match reasonably well, but without having heard the speakers I can't really comment on whether it's a sympathetic match.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 191
I like the L53. Excellent value and good sound. 50 NAD watts are equivalent to 80 Yamaha or Onkyo watts, so I wouldn't worry on that score.

I've never heard of Dana speakers, but one of the reviewers on this site has teamed them up with a 25 watt per channel NAD receiver and is quite pleased.

Username: Manhattan01

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 5
Thanks guys! I'll have to look for an L53 since they don't sell it locally here.

Anyone looking to sell one? ;)

sw.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us