NAD as choice

Bronze Member
Username: Occam

Post Number: 50
If you have NAD equipment why did you choose NAD?

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 431
I first chose it many years ago based on what my dealer told me about the product and never looked back basically!

I do not own any of the AV equipment since I am into music only and realise that they have had some problems with computer chips. I think they make some very good sounding equipment for prices that are amazingly low for the quality you get. I have NEVER had any issues at all with any of the amps or CD's I have owned.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1388
The sound. At that price point it is either NAD or Rotel. They both sound good and after many years with Rotel it's NAD's turn (again as I owned NAD before Rotel).

Bronze Member
Username: Bunny

Big D, Texas

Post Number: 27
Like Danman, I am into music probably 98% and 2% Movies. I chose NAD for their "warm" sound and reliability; they make excellent amplifiers (Pre and Power) and outstanding CD players, all the same, I can not comment on their Home Theatre receivers since I do not own one but it is no secret that they have had some quality problems.

Also agree that at a very affordable price you get an awesome sound that will please your ears immensely.

My two cents

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 433
I believe that NAD came late into the game with AV due to the company that owned them before Lenbrook and that has not helped the situation. However, in their defense, I know quite a few people that own receivers and have NO issues at all. Makes me wonder if half the problems are not coming from Internet dealers that sell refurbished products or are not registered dealers of NAD products as I have also heard that NAD is one of the most sold brands over the Web by un-authorised dealers. Do NOT let people on forums discourage your choice. Many other brands have issues as well but are not talked about as often as NAD.

The best thing to do is to buy from a registered dealer and if issues do happen, you will have alternatives.

If I were to get involved with the game of AV, I would buy 5 272's and a surround processor instead of a receiver all in one. This may be more expensive but would be extremely reliable with sound that would blow away half of the expensive equipment out there. Hey, maybe I will do that!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 770
I do not agree that NAD is a warm amp, I believe that "warm" is not a quality I want in reproducing sound. It has been my experience that NAD amps are very neutral considering their price point. Don't think I am trying to argue with you BUG, it's just that most of these audiophile glossary terms get used in a positive light and that's just not the intent in which they were created. All I know is, I bought a 17yr old amp off Ebay (3240PE) and this thing way outshines any "box" store brand at 1/4 of the price. Very good quality and loads of headroom.

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 435
You are right Jo......the better word is neutral. When I use the term warm, I mean it is not bright sounding like some brands. They seem to have all around good sound. Hey check this out:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=563866

Anonymous

are the nht with the nad a good setup

Bronze Member
Username: Occam

Post Number: 54
I have NAD because in auditioning different systems I was able to discern more instruments on the NAD. Specifically I compared to Marantz.

Bronze Member
Username: Brittho

Frisco, TX USA

Post Number: 37
Danman,

The NAD Master series looks sweeettt. I wonder if NAD will be bringing out a new 2 channel receiver to be the next step up from the 720? Hell what am I thinking the 720BEE is more than enough power for me. That master series though...drool...

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 441
No Kidding! Will be expensive however!

Silver Member
Username: Smitty

Canada

Post Number: 220
I had an NAD T742 for about a year and a half. Why'd I buy it? For the price, music was excellent. Why'd I sell it? HT seemed to be lacking that extra punch. I briefly owned an NAD T752 and it was better with HT, but the left channel went out after a week of use. What would I buy if I was in the market today (assuming under $1000)? I'd give the upcoming Outlaw 1070 a shot for $899. The specs look very good: torroidal transformer; DVI switching; analog and digital bass management; 7.1 processing.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1789
I cant blame you for shying away from nad. They have a lot of reliability issues. It's really too bad they cant produce a more reliable product.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 820
Paul, you sound like a broken record most of the time. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1792
Agreed, but I couldnt pass on such a perfect opportunity.

Silver Member
Username: Smitty

Canada

Post Number: 222
It really is too bad, there are a lot of people who want to like NAD, myself included. In the T743-T753 price range there's aren't a whole lot of alternatives for decent music quality.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1798
Heck, when I turn 50, I really 'want' to like getting my prostate checked, but with some things......

...it just wasnt meant to be.

Silver Member
Username: Black_math

Post Number: 269
I'm sure Paul does a pretty good job checking his own prostate.

Bronze Member
Username: Brittho

Frisco, TX USA

Post Number: 40
"I'm sure Paul does a pretty good job checking his own prostate."

That may be a bit below the belt....;-)

Bronze Member
Username: Dairymeister

Post Number: 14
I got a NAD T763 because I liked the sound and price of the Polk LSi15 speakers and they seemed like a good compromise for a good 50/50 music/movie mix. With 4ohms the choices are limited. NAD 763 was also perfect in sound/price and features. I was nervous about the NAD quality issues but have run into nothing terrible and really enjoy the sound.
Biggest issues are that the remote HTR2 needs an costly add on to program from the PC, the second zone must use the primary zone for digital processing, and NAD does not release firmware upgrades and users have to dig on the net to find them instead.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us