Speaker wiring?

ello
Unregistered guest
i have just bought new qed speaker cable, and after rewiring my speakers i have found that the left speaker is considerably less clear than the right one, and lacks treble. i have rewired a few times. any suggestions ?

Username: Shorty

Sanford, Florida US

Post Number: 9
Make sure that both of the jumpers are still in place between the terminals of the left speaker.

Bronze Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 21
Have you checked the polarity? Are you using any kind of connectors (banana plugs, spades, etc.)?

ello
Unregistered guest
i have checked the polarity, and i am not using any connectors. the speakers im using are not bi-wirable

Bronze Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 23
1. Make sure both cables are the same length.
2. Avoid making a loop with excess cable.
3. Avoid tight bends or crimps that may break the wire strands inside the cable.
4. Make sure the connections at the speaker and the amp are secure.

If all these things are ok and you're sure the cable is not damaged then I would begin to look elsewhere for the problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Smitty

Canada

Post Number: 25
I would try switching the wires from the l&r speakers to narrow down the problem.

Anonymous

Check if the interconnect cables between your CD player and amp are securely plugged. There could be lossened end on the weaker channel.

ello
Unregistered guest
i have sorted this out, but i still have a slight problem with rattle at low frequencies in one speaker. can anyone help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us