How much did you pay for your B&W speakers?

Username: Somphon

Post Number: 7
This is interesting to me as I'm about to buy the new 805S. The price I see on the internet in the US is USD1,250 while MSRP is at USD2,500.

So I wonder what is the real price of these speakers. Any owners want to share your experiences?

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 329
If the internet price you saw was on B&W's site, then they are priced per speaker, not per pair. I think it says $1,250 USD each. $1,250 USD x2 = $2,500 USD.

Username: Somphon

Post Number: 8
the price was on American based store, http://www.hometheaterstore.com. Maybe you can take a look. Dont know if its per pair or per speaker.
How much is it in NY?

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 447
First of all Somphon B&W does not permit internet sales in the US and if they are doing that than they are not a aurthorized dealer.Secondly you cant buy new a new pair 805s for $2500 with a warranty.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 335
B&W's don't allow internet sales, that is why it says available in Dallas, and soon. It has to be per speaker, not per pair. It doesn't advertise that they are a 'blow-out' sale or anything like that. If they were half of the retail, they would definately let you know about it.

I haven't priced them specifically, but they're probably right around the $2500 price range here in NY. Some places will give you a 10% or so break from the price. You can probably get them cheaper, but you have to be in the right place at the right time. Some places will stop selling a company's product, and sell what they have at cost, to make room for another brand. That's how I got my PSB's. The Image T55 retails for $899, but I got them for $550. I was in the right place at the right time. A week or two eariler or later and I wouldn't have been able to get them at that price, or they would have been gone.

If a deal sound stoo good to be true, it probably is. Their is the rare exception to this though. The only way to find out the price on the B&W's would be to call.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us