AVR for under $250 reqd for bedroom/master bathroom

Bronze Member
Username: Tier0605

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 30
Hi all,
I am looking to purchase a fairly cheap receiver to play movies in the master bedroom (5.1)( i own an 8ohm speaker set that stinks but will work for the bedroom) and with A/B inputs, switch to playing music in the master bathroom. Unless there is a better way of doing this without needing A/B ?
I transmit music from my Mac wirelessly using an Airport, so I need a receiver with an optical digital in capability. It would be nice if the receiver had a sub out pin as well.
I already own an HK525 and the 225 and 125/230/130 do not have A/B capability and the 325/330 is too expensive. What do you guys recommend?

Silver Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 160
you could go with the pioneer vsx815, which you can get from circuit city for 300 bucks, or maybe the onkyo tx-sr503 for the same price. both are 7.1 receivers that have a/b speaker switching, decent sound, and optical connections.

if you really want HK power, you can find a refurb 330 for about $400 shipped here:
http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/default.asp?sp=S&brand=HK

Bronze Member
Username: Tier0605

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 31
Thanks for the input Cyrus. I actually found a very good deal on the discontinued Pioneer vsx model the VSX912K for $224 at HookedOnTronics. Read about it on the web and looked up owner reports at a couple of places and decided to go with it.
It appears to be pretty good with good ratings and good user reviews. CNET also had an excellent review for this receiver. By the way, this price was cheaper than any price I found on the 815K model.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us