Infinity or Klipsch?

Username: 3599

Post Number: 1
I have a Harmon Kardon AVR325 and I am going to buy a pair of floor speakers. I'm thinking about either Infinity Primus 360's or possibly Klipsch RF15, RF25 or a pair of RF3's that I found used for about $360.00. I'll mainly use them for DVD movies but I will also use them for music. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 329
You might consider going to the Axiom Audio website. They have a 30 day return and refund policy and make excellent speakers at their price points. The M40's at $490/pr are excellent towers and would be a bargain at a considerably higher price. The M50's at $620/pr are also top drawer.

The Axiom's are somewhere between the Infinity Primus and Klipsch speakers in brightness. I also think the Axiom's have superior build quality.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 291
I would recommend either Monitor Audio or Dynaudio with H/K. Both are great speaker lines and sonically perfect with H/K and I have read that the H/K's will drive the 4 ohm Dynaudio's with no problem. Klipsch are very bright IMO and never smooth out enough like the MA's do and Infinity's will ok are not in class of either Dynaudio or MA. Give them a listen and I bet you'll agree.

Unregistered guest
I have H/K AVR 3550 and use it with Infinity Alpha 40. Wery good for acoustic music but if you prefere electronic so speakers seems are too smooth for that genre.

riches1
Unregistered guest
Numerous posts suggest the HK matches very well with Klipsch. I have audtioned the combo and thought they sounded great together. The mid range boost in the hK is a nice balance for the thin mids in the Klipsch. All the Infinity's that I have heard in the budget price range sounded way too bright for me (alpha's).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us