JVC RX-888VBK receiver to TV problem

Username: Texrat

Post Number: 2
Sorry for cross-posting-- wasn't sure where this really needed to go.

I just bought a slightly used JVC RX-888VBK receiver. Overall I'm very impressed and for the most part it works well.

The only problem is that I get no picture from DVD or VCR to TV. I connected everything per the diagrams (all composite cables) and am using the monitor out cable. The only places I have to connect this cable are Video 1 or Video 2. No picture shows up using either one.

Is it possible the Monitor Out is broken on this unit? Or am I missing something?

Username: Stevo

Margate, FL. USA

Post Number: 1
Look in the Manuel on page 7 it showes you how. You have a monitor out for S-video and composite. It's on the bottom in the middle.

Margate, FL. USA

Post Number: 2
OK It might be a bad monitor out. I don't use mine I hook my DVD right to my Monitor and just use the receiver for digital audio.

Post Number: 4
I think the monitor out is bad. Nothing I have tried has gotten it to work.

Anyone here have any idea what repairs would run?

Margate, FL. USA

Post Number: 3
It's hard to say how much it will coast. It could be a number of things. You might check out a local electronics repair shop. See if they will give a free estimate or a ballpark figure. Call around is your best bet.
It is a good receiver for the money. Sounds great and can handle 4ohms loads on the front L/R speakers.

Post Number: 5
Yeah, I like it except for the monitor problem, and it only cost me $84 so if repairs aren't much I'll still have gotten a good deal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us