Resonance Frequency

Bronze Member
Username: Pbdr

Post Number: 42
So I recently bought a pair of Mirage omni 60 speakers; thus fasar I really like them, they sound great to me and I am hearing details in music I never have before. But, I have noticed one oddity. It occurs in one song only (a Sunvolt tune, Mystifies Me on Trace) that I know, it seems that the guitar stum in very boomy and loud. It occurs only occassionally duirng he song, but seems to happen at the same place each listen through. I haven't noticed this when listening on other sources. Could this be due to the speaker cabinet resonance?

Not a major problem as it only occurs in one song that I have noticed thus far, but i am wondering if this could account for it. Also, any way to dampen it if this is the problem?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4627

First figure out whether there is a problem with cabinet resonance. Since the sound is repeatable place your hand on the cabinet and feel for any unusual vibrations that occur when the signal arrives. Note the location on the cabinet if this seems to be the problem. Until you know what and where the problem is, no one can suggest how to solve the problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Jan,

I notice some vibration on the outside of the cabinet, mostly on the sides, but it doesn't seem extraordinary. It also seems to increase at higher vloumes.

Since it only occurs during one song, that I have noticed, I am mostly wodering if this is something that could be caused by cabinet resonance. I guess fixing it would be secondary and only if it does not take "extraordinary" measures; I worry about messing the speaker up. At this point I am pretty much a newbie, and my current system is my first forray into "higher end" audio (which is why you don't see me post a lot, I mostly read and learn).

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4637

Did you purchase the speakers from a brick and mortar dealer or over the internet?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Internet, but new with a manufacturers warranty.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4641

Then I would say your best resource is the manufacturer as I described earlier. If you had purchased from a B&M dealer, I would have suggested taking the speakers into the shop with the problem disc and making a comparison against their demo speakers. This becomes a problem of support with an internet dealer and usually cannot be resolved easily. My best suggestion is to give Mirage a call.

Username: Angsumanroy

Post Number: 9
hmm maybe the recording is like that or if not maybe the string is near the port's tuninng frequency.
or try different placement or something. I own mirage omni 50s and have noticed the cabinets do resonate a bit when rapped on. Wonderful speakers though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us