Arcam 300 vs rotel 1067 vs nad t773 which is better?i

bigruffone
Unregistered guest
I currently own a Nad t762 and I'm thinking about upgrading but i cant decide between the flag ship recievers from Arcam, Nad or Rotel being they are all highly rated and in the same price range.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1302
Unless you're looking to go to 7.1 the sonic benefits of the T773 vs what you have are about nil. The Rotel IMO is also not a bit better and musically perhaps not as good. That leaves you with the Arcam, which is an extraordinary product. You would have to go with hi end seperates to improve on it. I'm not speaking against NAD, I own a T763 as my processer and power amp for the center and rears. The Arcam is just better. I must ask though if what you are looking for is improved movie or music performance. There maybe a less expensive alternative for 2 channel improvement. I use a 2 channel pre and power with my AVR as a source component. Any questions feel free to ask and I will answer as I'm available.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 313
Art pretty much hit the nail on the head. I would add that if you need a sonic upgrade, you may want to look at your speakers (the most noticable difference in my opinion) or your source. If you want an improvement in music quality and are using a dvd player, you may want to get a dedicated cd player. The differences can be night and day. If you already have a good source, check your speakers.
If you are intent on replacing the receiver, the Arcam is my hands down favorite.

Bronze Member
Username: Tryst1

Post Number: 18
Art, its great to know that you have got a NAD T-763.I feel you are the right person in helping me to choose between Denon AVR -3805 and a NAD product.I have got quite a lot of audio cds and dvds so i would want a receiver which do justice to HT listening and 2 channel listening as well.I have tannoy mercury speakers presently but planning to upgrade to Tannoy Sensys dual concentric along with the new receiver.I can provide you with the local prices that iam betting on the various models as follows
NAD T 763 - $1850
NAD T 753 - $1021
Denon AVR 3805 - $1400

Please suggest me a receiver amonst the three keepin in view of HT & 2channel listening and with good channel separation in HT mode.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1325
Where do you live Prabir? I paid $1120 for my T763. For me in order of preference T763, T753, and last the Denon. I think that the T763 will give you the power you need to drive quality speakers closer to their potential than the other 2. The T763 uses a huge Holmgren toroidal transformer and has plenty of reserve power.

The NAD may not have some of the bells and whistles of the Denon but it sounds better in 2 channel and at least as good (I think better) for home theater.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I live in India and there is only one dealer who deals NAD and the prices are astronomical compared to your prices

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1335
Bummer! Obviously...buy what you can afford. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I plan to get the receiver from Singapore , got a few friends there.Lets see how it turns out.
If i can get the receiver from Singapore then i can go for the speakers too.I plan for the Paradigm.Can you suggest me about the following set up

Monotor 7 or Monitor 9 for the front
CC 370 for the centre
ADP 370 for the surrounds

I will add up a velodyne CXT 12 sub with all this.Please advice.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1344
I personally would rather have 4 Paradigm Studio 20's and a CC470, but that's just me. If you insist on floorstanders that setup should do.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1345
Also you may want to check into a Hsu or Outlaw sub.

bigruff
Unregistered guest
hi this is ruff again i should have been more clear the first time i also have the rotel 1607 in another room. but i'm going to replace the nad and i was tilting towards the arcam i just needed a little different insight i do prefer the sound of the nad over the rotel and heres why the nad is a much quieter piece especially when the volumes high it is so much more dynamic the rotel even my wife noticed it when i'm playing movies the rotel is constantly loud while the nad is quiet but when an action sequence happens you feel like you been hit by a mack truck my wife would constantly tell me to lower the volume on the nad even though both systems are playing and the rotels volume may actually be louder.i feel the arcam has a simular personality and plus i want to have actually owned all three brands so i can give a factually account of which one is really the superior model.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us