Sony TV and NAD Receiver...Pop

Marc
Unregistered guest
I've posted a couple times seeking advice for an issue with my NAD 743 receiver. Essentially I am getting a static popping noise out of the L/R channels. After doing some trouble shooting i tried the following. I have the receiver conencted with only 2 PSB 5Ts connected, with no inputs, basically to a point where I should have no noise. Once I turn my TV on to watch a show, the receiver with give out a popping sound, its random and will show up every 15-30 minutes. I've gone back to the dealer many times, i've tried a 752, 743, and a 753. All of them exhibit this popping/static noise. The only way i can solve it, is by moving the receiver a good 20 ft away from the TV, or shut off the TV. I've tried about 5 power conditioners with no success. My next step was to try some friends' receivers. I tested out a HK 225 and a Denon 2803. No problems at all, both worked flawlessly. So my question is, does anyone on this board have an NAD and a Sony Wega Flat Screen TV. I have the KV-32FS210, but I would be interested if anyone had a sony and nad.

Bronze Member
Username: Dmeister

Post Number: 74
Marc, I can't answer your question, but I was wondering if the sub cross-over on your 743 was adjustable? The manual has a picture of a cross-over setting, but doesn't actually say whether it is adjustable?!?

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 194
Marc,

I have an NAD T762 and a Sony Wega Flat Screen (unsure of model number...but it is 27 inch). I have experienced NONE of the problems you describe. I wish I could help you more, but since I have had none of these problems, I am not in a position to offer any solutions.

Bronze Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 40
DARRYL, the T743 does allow adjusting the crossover point for the sub. I don't have the owner's manual with me, but I believe the x-over selections are 60, 80, 100, 120 and 150 Hz.

MARC, I sometimes hear a small pop in my T743 when switching from an analog channel to a high definition channel. Some folks attribute this to the Motorola cable receiver. If you're using a cable or satellite box, it could be the box or the connection between the box and the NAD. Good luck tracking down this gremlin.

Marc
Unregistered guest
there are no analog/digital connections to the NAD 743, its justed into the AC outlet with two speakers connected. Had the dealer come and check it out at my house. He thinks the TV is giving a static discharge. Unfortunately, its only the NAD receivers that exhibit this problem, the denon and H/K work fine.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 324
It seems that for some reason your NAD T743 receiver is sensitive to whatever types of frequencies (RF, magnetic, etc.) that are emanating from your television. Either you will need inexpensive ferrite blockers on your television inteconnects to the NAD (which I would try first) or you will need shielding for your NAD. It could also be that you need more extensive grounding on your receiver.

It would be a shame if you have to trade back your NAD.

Marc
Unregistered guest
"Either you will need inexpensive ferrite blockers on your television inteconnects to the NAD"

there are NO interconnects. The only thing connected to the receiver are the speakers. My next attempt is to have the dealer try to shield the NAD from the TV. Personally, I think its sad that an A/V receiver needs to be shielded from a television, especially when its peers work absolutely fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us