Fluance and NAD..?

Silver Member
Username: Disco_stan

Minnesota

Post Number: 101
I'm just curious to see if anyone has heard this combination before. I'm in the market for a 2 channel amp and I'm strongly looking towards getting NAD. So if there are any recommedations that would help me best.

Jeff from GA
Unregistered guest
NAD amps are pretty good. Mr buddy had a 25x 2 ingreated NAD and it blew away 2 x 100 watt amps from others. I read about Fluance sounds good!

Silver Member
Username: Lockaudio801

Post Number: 112
Matt Haug,

NAD would make a fine choice. However they have a big complement of models to select from to suit your needs. In this regard can you share your present use of loudspeakers,room size and other associated gear, sound source preference (analog/digital) and any other even seemingly insignificant details on your present gear on hand.

We only seek to narrow down the list and at the same time widen your scope of alternatives other than the one you have made initial preference to.

Silver Member

Minnesota

Post Number: 119
Well I made my decision last week and I should receive a new NAD C270 tomarrow along with cables and such. So I will be hooking this up to my Yamaha 630 receiver. For movies the Yamaha isn't bad, but music its just too bright and thin sounding so the NAD edition for stereo listening will be a great addition.

Well my room size is about 22'x13'x7 (LxWxH) with my front channel speakers about 2.5 feet away from their rear wall and about 1 foot awat from their side wall with my listening position about 10 feet back.

But thanks for your help.

Silver Member

Minnesota

Post Number: 125
Well it came and all I can say is "wow!" When I put in Peter Gabriel's album "Up" and played Signal to Noise the bass was awesome, but I could still hear the sound of the Yamaha using it as a Pre/amp. There is still a lot of room for improvement but I'am happy with this amp. The only thing I noticed physicaly about it that its gets warmer than anything else I own so I need to figure out a better place for it.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the sound and now I need to colabirate it for Home Theatre apps.

Username: Hillo

Philly, Pa

Post Number: 1
Hi
I bought a caver 5 chanel amp to supplement an older onkyo reciver to power my M&K speakers adequately however the onkyo has no pre out RCA type jerks to be able to feed the amplifier.
Does any one know how to connect the speaker outs on the reciever to the amp?
do i have to get a dedicated adapter or sound processor?
please help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us