Help with DVD Player Hook-up

rpathak
Unregistered guest
I am trying to hook-up my DVD player to the receiver and then the receiver to the TV. I have tried the following without success. Is there something I am missing? Any help is appreciated.

* DVD-Audio_Out (RCA) -> Receiver Audio_In (RCA)
* Receiver Audio_Out (RCA) -> TV Audio_In (RCA)
* Receiver works but TV does not.

Bronze Member
Username: Jet2001

Post Number: 68
you are using the video (yellow) cord in this set up as well, right?

rpathak
Unregistered guest
No, for video I am using Component Cables. This question is related to audio only.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 199
Why are you hooking up your Audio into the TV? Do you not want to get the sound out of your amp?

rpathak
Unregistered guest
I want it on both the Amp & the TV

Anonymous

If this problem has not been solved, consider:

To get audio from the DVD to both the receiver and the TV, you usually connect different audio outputs from the DVD to each. The most common setup is to connect digital optical or coax to the A/V receiver and analog (RCA) directly to the TV. However, it seems that you are connecting the audio in a dasy-chain fashion, similar to how a VCR is connected. For this to work, you have to:

* have the receiver on at all times
* use the monitor out on the receiver, or
* use an input on the receiver that has a recording loop (e.g. VCR, Tape, CD-R etc.)
* Set audio output in the DVD setup to analog (stereo down-mix if available), since you apparently are not connecting digital optical/coax
* note that you are restricting audio output from the DVD to analog stereo audio only (i.e. no surround)

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us