Cleaning recievers

Username: Elzoo54

Post Number: 1
I just bought a brand new H/K 230 and while setting it up I noticed what appeared to be a scratch on the window of it, when I rubbed it a film seemed to have developed on it. When I tried to clean it off with a damp cloth it smeared, the more that I wiped it, the more it spreads. What can I use to clean what appears to be a film on the window of my reciever?

Silver Member
Username: Heff

Post Number: 106
Is it a scratch on the window, or a smear on the film, or both?

btw, AFAIK, new H/K receiver's packing materials include a protective film on the window with a small sticker attached that says PLEASE REMOVE AFTER UNPACKING. Maybe the unit you received still has the removable film but is missing the sticker?

Username: Elzoo54

Post Number: 2
Thank you, I removed that first sticker but not the film. My wife told me that it could be a plastic cover that she attempted to remove but I got paranoid with it being new and we both stopped. She had a big laugh just a while ago after reading your message and said that I should listen to her more, thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 239
Good catch Heff. I was thinking the same thing, but you already responded. Those annoying plastic film covers. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us