Sumvision 1GB MP3 Player & Windows XP

Username: Becky_b

BristolUK

Post Number: 1
Could someone please help me!

I bought a sumvison 1gb M18 mp3 player with fm radio, I had problems with it so contacted the dealer and now have a replacement. I'm still having problems and I'm wondering if it's me or my pc.

I'm using windows xp and media player 10. I've downloaded tracks from a legal site (tesco) but I cannot (however hard I try!) save them onto my mp3 player so that they play. They are definately on the player because I can see them when I look at the device through the pc and they will play from the player through media player. When I try to play them on the player itsef it says 'format error' and turns itself off.

I have checked the licences and they say the tracks can be syncronized, I've tried downloading directly to the player form tesco's site, I've tried synchronizing using media player and I've tried copying and pasting the wma files whilst in my documents.

This is driving me mad as the whole reason I bought the thing was to save downloaded tracks to it.

Can someone please help before I go insane!!!!

Thanks in advance

Anonymous

You might want to check the type of WMA file you are trying to download.

Microsoft have released "WMA Lossless", and "WMA VBR" (Variable Bit Rate). The original codec being "WMA CBR" (Constant Bit Rate). I'm not certain but it is possible that the player cannot play anything but WMA CBR. Try creating a Constant Bit Rate track using Windows Media Player (Rip from CD, set type to WMA CBR) and download that to the player, if it plays you may need to convert the other files you have to MP3 or WMA CBR.

Unregistered guest
hi there i had problems with mine also on xp.the secret is to not go through media player at all!! but goto your....... my docments/my music and find the music file of your song.highlight it,them down the left side of your screen find copy to and choose drive E or F which ever it appears as and go

Ratheon
Unregistered guest
I thought of buying Sumvision 1GB MP3 Player but from what I read here I'm in doubt now. May I know what is the player controller chip?

Anonymous

Bought one of these 1gb MP3 players for my daughter as Christmas present. Very disappointed as it keeps coming up with NO MUSIC on the display after 10 minutes. Tried to reformat it both via the menu and via the computer. Then checked the booklet (which was written in very poor English). Tried the low level utility on the CD that came with it but the utility does not even recognise the MP3 player so cannot low level format it.
Finally tried to visit the sumvision website at: www.sumvision.com.cn and surprise, surprise, there is no such website!!!
So after a ruined Xmas due to this dodgy present, I now have to face the joys of having to return this item (at my expense ofcourse) and having to wait for a refund.
My advice is: KEEP AWAY FROM THIS ONE, NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.

Anonymous

Just got one as a replacement and having problems - keeps saying "Format error!" when it tries to play the subsequent track but can be jogged forward and will play but have to do this for every track! looks like this will be going back - unless Firmware is 2004 - worth checking the gemstar

Username: Jproscoe

How can I stop the interference on my Sumvision M18?

A couple of months ago I bought a 1gig SUMVISION M18 MP3 player, but realised there must have been some fault with it as on all the tracks a kind of electronic/fluttering interference sound could be heard. This was most noticable on quieter tracks.
There seems to be no problem with the tracks themselves, as when the player is plugged into the computer, playback does not result in interference, even when using headphones.
I tried everything to try and correct the problem - various types of reformatting, different files types/qualities, different sources of music, different programmes for saving the music, different headphones, etc, but nothing seems to work.
I eventually decided to send the player back and get a replacement - the new one arrived today and it has the same problem despite coming from a new batch! This is so frustrating and I haven't found an example of this same fault on a SUMVISION M18 anywhere! Has anyone had a similar problem at all, and can anyone suggest anything to fix it?

Meanwhile - anyone planning on getting one, then I would not advise it, this has driven me mad and so many other people are having faults that it's not worth the risk.

Username: Pauli

Okay, Sumvision website is working, but it's really stupid and pointless visiting.

If your device is not reading the music which you put on, but the pc can see it, here is what i suggest you do...

1. Firstly take all the music off the device and save it into a folder (as you will be deleting these from the device).

2. Please now go to "my computer" right click on the mp3 device (in my case it's "removable disk F:") select "format..."

3. Then tick the box "quick format" do not change any other settings. Then press "start" Wait a moment for this to finish, it will look like it's not working, but it is.

4. Then unplug the device, and watch it format by itself, once this has completed, plug it back in.

5. Retry adding back the music.

Enjoy!

Username: Matcal

Don't know if this has already been established, but the MP3 player cannot understand folders. So if you want to put music on it, you need to move each mp3/wma file into the root directory of your e:/f: drive (whichever drive letter your mp3 player is)

Username: Ganusrs

Sirsi, Karnataka India

Post Number: 2
As per Paul stephen I have tried the same thing but 2GB converted in 108MB Please help

Username: Pareekvaibhav

i bought a Sony NS-11 (Quro software) mp3 player from beijing. my problem is that it is showing only 118mb instead of 1gb? what will be the fault? kindly help

what do you "ganesh" I have tried the same thing but 2GB converted in 108MB Please help? I'm not understanding what you are saying.

As for "Vaibhav" did you install a driver for your Sony NS-11, or did your operating system find it for you as a removable disk? Also, have you placed any music on the drive yet?

Post Number: 3
what do you mean "ganesh" I have tried the same thing but 2GB converted in 108MB Please help? I'm not understanding what you are saying.

As for "Vaibhav" did you install a driver for your Sony NS-11, or did your operating system find it for you as a removable disk? Also, have you placed any music on the drive yet?

Username: Ganusrs

Sirsi, Karnataka India

Dear Paul,
As per your suggestion i had follwed following steps
Firstly took all the music off the device and save it into a folder (as you will be deleting these from the device).
Went to "my computer" right click on the mp3 device (in my case it's "removable disk J:") select "format..."

Then tick the box "quick format" do not change any other settings. Then press "start" Wait a moment for this to finish, it will look like it's not working, but it is.

Then unplugged the device, and watch it format by itself, once this has completed, plug it back in.
after this procedure the memory ( Free space of Mp3 player ) got reduced to 108 MB initially it was 1.96GB Approx 2GB

Post Number: 4
Ganesh,

Okay, reformat again, onlt this time where you tick quick format, you have a "allocation unit size" change it to the size of your mp3 player. then Ta-Da!

Sorry for the mistake. I usually have found no problems with not touching this setting.

Username: Bowlynd

hi i have a technika mp-306 1 gb mp3 player and i cant seem 2 find any firmware or software 2 re firmware it please can any 1 help or tell me where i can get them from

cheers

Post Number: 5
Which operating system are you using? Secondly what exactly is the problem; what do you mean re-firmware it? do you mean reformat? If you are on windows XP then it should notice this mp3 immediately. If you are not using XP and you are after a driver then go direct to technika if possible through their web page if they have one.

what i mean is i want 2 upgrade my firmware and i cant find a firmware 4 it
i have xp home

Post Number: 6
why do you need to upgrade it? usually these types of mp3 players are standard removable drives for Xp, hence there are no way of upgrading. Is there a problem?

the music keeps going funny it keeps going off and on and it enoying me i re formatted it and diffrent ways of trying 2 do it but its still doing the same thing so thats y i want 2 upgrade it

Post Number: 7
oh okay, it needs flashing, okay that's probably out of my hands - i would send it back to the manufacturer if you have warranty left/or take it back to tesco, see what they say that they can offer you. I don't mean this in a cruel way, but most of these small things at the lower end of the market tend to brake and go wrong through experiance of seeing my sister go through about 6 of them. I have a sony hd3 (not to brag) but it lasted me over a year with no problems. I am most certain there is no way to flash the brand you have from software/firmware due to it not being a common one, so definately get in contact with them if you have or even if you haven't the reciept. I understand the price of these mp3 players are still a lot of money. I hope this helps, you can always email me paul_evans75@hotmail.com however, soon i have to get going to sleep. Sorry couldn't help you more.

Post Number: 4
ok then i will get a new 1 be for long 1 that i can get firmware 4 as i have had 2 mp3 players and i cant get any firmware 4 them so i have just wasted money on the stupid things 4 first 1 i have ever had i had firmware 4 that 1 but the 2 i got now cant find any things 4 them

Username: Vineet_bhan

hi all, my problem is same as that of vaibhav, my 1GB NS 11 mp3 player is showing size of 118 MB after formatting. i have recently bought it but got a wrong cd. All suggestions will be welcomed !!!

Post Number: 8
Did you read my suggestions about formatting it but select the correct size of format? (That is if you have windows XP)

Username: Kabir

I have SONY NS-11 MP3 Player. when i have formated it, size reduced to 997MB to 119MB
I have same problem like ganesh, but i followed the suggestion given to him(ganesh) but still showing same problem. Plz help sir.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 159
ClassificationWEIRD///??? Isn't that unusual

Username: Kabir

what is firmware and how we it can be useful to us?
help...!

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
my Inglis bawd
Si podria mecanografiar inglés no estaria mecanografiando esto yo?

Si je pourrais dactylographier l'anglais est-ce que je ne dactylographierais pas ceci je ?

Lol JK I'm just typing in random languages, it's just fun.

BTW firmware is what's installed in the device by default. For instance, your computer's BIOS is the firmware. The Operating System is run by the firmware. On your Sony this has no importance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
I tend to convert my files using a program called Nero which does all sorts of things. Absolutely recommend it...!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us