Kenwood vr-305 stuck in standby

Unregistered guest
I have a Kenwood vr-305 that blinks in standby mode. Typically that means there is a speaker short issue. I know this from experience (with another Kenwood receiver) and from the manual. However, I have unhooked the speakers and reset everything.

The problem still remains. The standby LED blinks red, then I hit the power button a few times and the receiver turns on...but only for a few seconds, then shuts off. It does this over and over, despite unplugging and plugging in the A and B speakers several times. The mute light is on when the receiver turns on for a few seconds and cannot be turned off.

Does anyone know if this is a bigger problem than speakers being shorted? your help is appreciated.

Unregistered guest
ya, mine does the exact same thing.
but, after a few times it actaully stays on and works. i find that if i plug in the power cord then the speakers one by one........it works better.

anyone know of a web site to download the owners manuel for it??? VR-305....THXS

Unregistered guest
ftp://inform.kenwoodusa.com/manuals/vr306.pdf

this is the manual for the vr306 but a kenwood csr told me they were the same.. hope it helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us