Big sound problem help me

Bronze Member
Username: Jayosa

Post Number: 35
i have a harmon kardon reciever avr330 an athena speakers....wen i wach a movie on dvd i have to turn the reciever volume all the way up it goes just to get a bit of loud sound.....if i was to turn the radio on the reciever with the volume all the way up it would be alot louder then the movie....and also wen im wachin a movie the dialoge sounds so much lower then the sound effects and music scenes....this is why i have to blast the reciever all the way just to hear wat is being said in the movie...wen i turn it up all the way i can hear the dialoge better but then the sound effects and music sound to loud makin it a bad movie experiance....is there a settings on the reciever that will help with this prob.,..i have noticed though on the reciever the channel volumes are all set to 0db....do i need to change the volume higher on the centre channel so the dialoge is almost at the same volume as the fronts were the music and sound effects come from in a movie....my cuzin has a sony home theatre in a box an wen he waches movies the dialoge and sound effects an music sound closer together....i know my system is better then his so i should be able to hear the movies like his or even alot better id think....im not sure if this prob i have is cuz im using a $40 canadian dvd player but i do have it connected via digital coax to my reciever though ...also i dont have suround speakers just 3 fronts...please please help this is a big annoying prob for me

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 157
if i had to guess, it would be because you are watching your movies in stereo? DVD's were meant for 5.1 surround.. the reason the dialogue might be so faint may be because of the fact that you only have 2 speakers, and in order to emulate the effect of lets see.. a "rear right" speaker, it would have to project the voices much quieter.. but stuff like music is just presented to the front stage.. which is what you have if you only have 2 speakers, you have just a front stage. just my 2 cents, no garuntee that is right, im sure someone else has input for you though. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us