Home Theatre Setup

Username: Tryst1

Post Number: 2
Hi,

I am planning to piece together an upgraded home theatre.It will consist of the following:

Receiver :Denon AVR -3805/2805
Player : Onkyo DV-SP 502
B&W 603 S3 (Front)
LCR 600 (Centre)
B&W 601 S3 (Surround)
Velodyne CXT Sub

Please advice whether there will any compatibility issues in this setup.
Iam already having Tannoy Mercury speakers with me and a Velodyne VX-10 sub.I paln to sell them off but will the speakers and the sub suitable for my new receiver?

Anonymous

Your much better off going with a marantz 5500,7500(you can buy from hipposaudiovideo.com).I have no doubt that if you compared the marantz to the denon(especially with your speakers)you would be blown away by the difference in quality of sound.In fact several magazines that have reviewed the new marantz 5500 have said that it is better than the denon's which were previously the top recommended(at their price point).If you go up to the $1300 price point you should consider rotel,otherwise the best are marantz and then pioneer second(the denon's may compete with pioneer soundwise but the reviews I've read say the denon's don't have as much power as pioneer,marantz and of course rotel)

Silver Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 123
Personally I would look at the Pioneer elite 54 or 56, I think they sound better with b&w then denon, but just my opinion. the denon is an amazing receiver, so if you like the sound that the combo produces than go for it.

Username: Tryst1

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the advice.How about the Tannoy dual concentric (Sensys)or Definitive Technologies speakers with the Denon amplifier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us