And suppose I went up to $600 a pair for bookshelfs?

Bronze Member
Username: Twochordcool

Post Number: 40
Ascend Acoustic CBM-170?
B&W DM 601/2 S3?
PSB Image B25?
Focal JMlab Chorus 706?
Which Paradigm?

Have you guys compared any of these?

What ended up being your favorites?

Why?

At $600 a pair what speakers would you start talking then?

Again, 3 pairs, all kinds of music and movies, in a 6.1 setup, in a small to average room...will eventually get a sub.

:-)

Fire away peeps!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1178
I would push up the budget if possible and see if you can get a deal on the fabulous Paradigm Studio 20v3. That was my bias speaking ofcourse.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1284
ahem!!!

NOTE: my imposter is listed as Bronze Member with a different Username and also different Post number and Registered date.

clever little bugger, whoever he/she/it is...

Silver Member
Username: Donaldekelly

Washington, DC Usa

Post Number: 269
Paradigm Studio 20v3 - Fantastic reviews, tall, seems like the pick of the paradigm line - if you can find them for $600 - they list for $800.

Barnacle
Unregistered guest
Without a sub the Paradigm Studio 20s but would likely need to buy used to get down to $600.
With a sub the Ascend 340s.

Somed00d
Unregistered guest
Audio Note AX-Two - list for $600 but you can get them for less. Very rare. First see if you have a dealer in your area -http://www.triodeandco.com/contact_usa.html

You can also get a new pair of PSB Stratus Mini's for about $700. I owned the 2b ( same as the b25 but with minor changes) and the Stratus Mini. The Mini is a much better speaker. Id pick these over the Studio 20's. You can get them for a decent price used also.

Bronze Member
Username: Twochordcool

Post Number: 41
What do you guys know about the Quad 11L?

Somed00d
Unregistered guest
Iv'e heard good things about the Quad L series. But they do use kevlar, which some believe to be fatiguing. But I do like the fact they dont use metal tweeters. I was thinking about other speakers in this price range, and it seems like the JMR Twins seem to get a lot of praise. Theyre suppose to be a very engaging speaker that focuses on conveying the emotion of songs, rather than detail and sound effects.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 665
Also consider the Totem Mite - great little speaker. If it's too expensive (not sure about prices there), check out the Totem Dreamcatcher.

regards,
Frank.

Somed00d
Unregistered guest
Totems are way overrated just like the Ascends.

Silver Member
Username: Donaldekelly

Washington, DC Usa

Post Number: 284
Another reason to register. I think someone is impersonating SomedOOd and Edster now.

Somed00d
Unregistered guest

Geez, someone is pretending to me now too? I feel like im in a video games forum or something. I guess the only way to prevent this is to register, or maybe not?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 539
No harm in registering Somed00d, this guy doesn't seem to tire of writing posts under other's names as he's been at it for months now.

Pity, since it's a strong forum engine otherwise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us