Subwoofer wire ?

Bronze Member
Username: Jayosa

Post Number: 31
i plugged in older red an white rca cable from my sub to my reciever and it sounded good.....then i was told by a freind i im better off gettin subwoofer cables from a hifi store....so i did and i paid $30 canadian for the subwoofer cable....i plugged those in and i didnt hear any differance with the bass.....so im thinkin i waisted all that money and im thinkin of returning it......or maybe i dont have good ears to hear the diff maybe....but im only 29 so my ears should be good still....are those $30 dollar cables a scam does anyone here hear ne diff in these kinda cables....some of u might say well if u dont hear any diff then return the cables......well i dont want to return the cables yet cuz i wach movies with freinds an family and maybe they'll hear a diff and say to me your sub sounds bad....so my ? is does the red an white rca cable give the same sound as the newer cables.....by the way the newer ones are monster subwoofer cable...help me

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1159
I hear a difference with some cables. But for the sub, and Monster sucks anyway, take it back. Buy a couple of cd's or movies.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
i was afraid to mention the brand is monster cables becuase ppl start to talk about that monster sucks....istead of answering the real? wich is is there a diff with rca vs subwoofer cables.....im not saying monster is good or bad im just saying ppl focus on that instead of my ?....

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 499
Most people would be hard-pressed to hear a difference between a Monster Cable sub cable and a less expensive, but well made, cable. I am skeptical of thise who say they do. My advice, do as Art says return it and put that money into a music or movie disc. You'll be glad you did.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 533
75 Ohm coax cable is the way to go

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
what i mean alos is should i return the monster cables and by another brand that are good but cheaper then monster subwoofer cables....i still would think using any other brand woofer cables would prob be better then my old rca cable rite.....any brand names i can get and that are sold in canada please help

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 257
Jay: Try Acoustic Research (AR) just as good as Monster and cheaper.

Bronze Member
Username: Eyeswideshut

Abubala , Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 18
OMG!!!!!!! Dont listen to these bozo's Jay. The Monster is clearly superior. I'm sorry you can't hear the difference, but trust me, it is there.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1290
ahem!!!

NOTE: my imposter is listed as Bronze Member with a different Username and also different Post number and Registered date.

clever little bugger, whoever he/she/it is...

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 246
How the hell did that happen?

Bronze Member
Username: Eyeswideshut

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 47
I definately notice a difference between all wiring. If you can't Jay, consider yourself lucky, because they get expensive. I spent $500 on a foot of interconnect once, but it was well worth it, I must say.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 535
Check out the "little boutique" shops as Paul refers to them. Where I live they stock http://www.wireworldaudio.com cables. I picked up 6 interconnects for $40 and coax cables for $20 a piece. While these shops can sometimes be overpriced unless you're buying a full system, at least with cables the prices are quite reasonable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us