Studio 20 v2 vs v3

Bronze Member
Username: Eieiei0101x

Post Number: 34
Please comment differences among this 2 speakers

Thanks

Anonymous

It's like a night and day difference. The v2 was dull at the top and had virtually no mids to speak of. It had a little bit of bass, but it too was boomy. The v3, now that's a speaker. Leaps and bounds above the v2, but not quite as good as my Bose Acoustimass system.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 617
lmao!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1146
The v2 was brighter on the high end. The aluminum dome tweeter was less balanced than the new design. I owned the v2's and liked them very much but they were not nearly as well balanced as the v3. The highs integrate better and midrange is sweet and detailed. Imaging is much better than it used to be. These speakers get better as you go up the ladder with electronics. They sound great with my system and even better with a high end source and amp.

Anonymous

Exactly! Like I said, v3 all the way. The v2 just plain stinks.

I wonder, would Bose cubes be considered time aligned....

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 622
yeah...time aligned with CR-AP!

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 532
According to www.intellexual.net/bose.html, the Bose Acoustimass 3 speakers don't use a crossover, and the speaker wire is simply split with the same frequencies sent to both the small and larger paper cones, therefore their speakers are perfectly time aligned.

Bose decided to do away with the added cost of any crossover system and that time alignment is more important than any sort of even frequency response. The design resulted in some heavy overlap in the mid-highs, so Bose designed the "Bass Module" to play into that region, covering any bloating and mishaping it into "that Bose sound."

Luckily "Nothing Sounds Like Bose."

Anonymous

Sweet. So like, my Bose Acoustimass system is kind of like the GMA's then.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 534
Yes, if you redesigned the GMA speakers with plastic enclosures, removed the crossover and used paper cones fashioned out of notepaper, you will have Bose.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us