Nasty neighbours

Username: Uldis

Post Number: 1
Hi im new here anyway here is my problem I live in a terraced house(google it if you don't know) with very thin walls and my neighbours keep banging on the damn wall when I want to enjoy my music which is dance music I don't want them to put an asbo on me.

I have two eltax liberty 5+ floorstanders and im wondering what I could do to reduce noise getting through?

Anonymous

Ever seen that Target commercial where that guy has a wall of toilet paper to act as sound insulation?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4463

Unless you own the house the only option is to turn the volume down or buy headphones. If you own the house, you can build a detached wall with insulation between you and them. If there is a common structural surface (the foundation) shared by both houses, then your option is to return to option #1. This subject has been covered extensively in this forum. Do a search and some reading.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 734
There was this lead martial I saw on "Tomorrows world" around 16 to 18 years ago and it reduced the SPL by as much as 40db.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 755
Try turning down the bass on your receiver.
The bass is what bothers others - you can still enjoy the mid and the top this way.

Anonymous

Dance music without bass...heh.

Bronze Member
Username: Jayosa

Post Number: 29
am i in the rite website..i thought this was about audio an stuff..not about boring england or uerope or watever it is...those parts of the world are so boring an dumb they drive on the wrong side of the road etc lol

Anoy-nymous
Unregistered guest
Jay,

I can see you can not spell a damn...and where are you from?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1133
Jay that's a bit uncalled for as we some fine contributors from all over the world and especially the U.K. and Australia.

Anoy-Nymous
Unregistered guest
A bit ! It is so stupid ! I can tell Jay that you have no financial means to travel to other places, obviously you are quite ignorant. Any place in the world is interesting to explore and to say that the UK is boring it's just simply ludicrous; it is so fun to be there ! Then again you are just talking out of your a s s.

Where do I live?? In the U.S.A. !

Fingers!
Unregistered guest
Poly fill. The stuff they put in cars. I have that in my bedroom walls and no sound gets outa that. well the window and under the door,but i put rubber around my door so my room is pretty much sound proof. plus it insulates like crazy. my bedroom is cooool in the summer. and nice and toasty in the winter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us