Speaker performance with which receiver? HELP

Pirate
Unregistered guest
I have Klipsch Synergy F-2 floorspeakers and a matching center/sub. Which reciever would I be better off with, I will only be using a 5.1 setup. A Pioneer vsx815 or a Yamaha 5830. They yammie is 100 bucks cheaper. The inputs on ea. receiver are adequate for me needs.

Will these receivers offer any difference toward the performance of my speakers?

Which one am I better off with, the Pioneer or the Yamaha. After that, maybe other suggestions.

Thanks

Anonymous

Well it seems that neither has any reviews on audioreview.com which means they both suck. I highly recommend the Sony STR-DB940 which has lots of good reviews.

Happy shopping mr Pirate.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1122
What's your price range?

Pirate
Unregistered guest
The pioneer is 300 and the Yamaha is 200. avsforums.com has a review for the pioneer. I dont want to spend much more than that.

Anonymous

Good luck. At that price range everything is crap.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1124
Look into Harman Kardon. For not much more than your stated budget you can get quality. The HK AVR 335 can be had for a bit over $400. It's worth the difference.

Anonymous

Yeah man. You might as well keep listening to your boombox and save up until you can get a real system.

Anoy-nymous
Unregistered guest
Anonymous,

f u c k off ! if his budget is tight you should just respect that...all things being equal your stupid Klipsch speakers are crap next to others like Sonus Faber Concertino and many more....you stupid a$$hole

Anonymous

Who said I have Klipsch speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1240
How entertaining...we have two variations of "Anonymous" whacking each other, in response to an unregistered initial poster who for all we know could be either "Anonymous" or "Anoy-nymous" or, of course, all three are just the same person also out for a good time.

ho-hum, another day in the life here at ecoustics...

Well at least we do know the poster listed as "Art Kyle" is the same one who's listed as "Art Kyle" in the rest of his 1,124 postings...whew! At least that one tiny shred of certainty in the ever-wacky world of ecoustics.

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 326
He has Bose,Which reminds me of something Anon I downloaded a review from 1971 on the 901s from stereophile.After I read it I will post on the forum for everyone to see.

Anonymous

If you actually think someone is stupid enough to pair Bose with a Mark Levinson amp, you're more special than I thought Tawaun.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1128
Thanks folks for screwing up another thread. This individual was just asking for a little help.

Pirate
Unregistered guest
Hey, Pirate here, the original thread starter. It seems some sort of argument errupted on this post. Anyway, I posted the same question under the 'receiver' board (just in case I got someone that thought what I was refering to was garbage). The Pioneer will be best for me.

I've got a sub w/ a little vibration coming from inside of it -- I can find nothing loose, should I be worried?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1129
That does represent a problem. Is the sub new? What model is it? A sub should not make any sound but bass.

Anoy-Nymous
Unregistered guest
Yeah everyone who is registered is a Macho Man others are not.....lmao
And by the way I was just trying to make a point that Pirate needed help and the other anonymous was being an a s s but oh well....I have pretty thick skin...lol

And edster, just because you auditioned speakers at Fry's electronics does not make you an expert at all man...lol...get real...a fair comparison would be different speakers driven by the same electronics (decent not HT receivers) which you can not do at these kind of stores.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1259
> And edster, just because you auditioned speakers at Fry's electronics does not make you an expert at all man...lol...get real...a fair comparison would be different speakers driven by the same electronics (decent not HT receivers) which you can not do at these kind of stores.....

LOL I see that Anoy-Nymous is even flakier than Anonymous, assuming that these are even two different individuals and not one certified nutjob with multiple personality disorder.

BTW, I never said I was "an expert" (gotta love how dingbats like to put words in other people's mouths when they have nothing to say) and the HK 7300 that was running the Polks I heard would certainly qualify as "decent electronics."

Anonymous

I suppose as entry level electronics it is alright. Not high end by any stretch, but solid entry level.

Anoy-Nymous
Unregistered guest
lol....not too long ago you my little friend edster, made the jump from a HT set up to separates and could not believe the improvement in sound, so now a HT receiver is decent to audition music? My gosh ! It is a pretty good HT receiver but....come on ! You can do better than that I now you can ! How about some Simaudio driving those poor polks, do you think that would make a difference?

On the other hand, do not criticize anonymous post please, I mean look at you; your name does not say anything about who you are and your profile P L E A S E! So, you and your 1250+ posts are as anonymous as me ! lol ....*tear runs down* I do respect Art Kyle though, indeed.

Btw...let's not take it personal, like I said, I have pretty thick skin....I have to admit it, I am a spoiled brat ! lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1261
Anoy,

LOL you appear to be MENTALLY thick as much as you claim to be "thick skinned"---has it never dawned upon you that the purpose of registering is not for others to know who you REALLY and SPECIFICALLY are (as if anyone really gives a sh*t to begin with)?

Registering simply establishes a stable identity, in the sense that everyone knows that it's really YOU who's posting, not some other nitwit who decides to impersonate you as famously happened to Mauimusicman who remained unregistered until it was too late. This stable identity also allows other participants to gradually develop at least some sort of vague idea of who you are rather than always having to deal with random phantoms who constantly re-fabricate themselves with new unregistered names, which creates at least a little accountability for your behavior.

> so now a HT receiver is decent to audition music?

A flagship receiver like the 7300, from a highly respected company like HK, yes. Especially on such middling speakers like the Polk RTis. And especially considering that probably 75% of the people on this forum do not have separates, a receiver like the 7300 is plenty good enough to provide a reference point.

Also my raving about the improvement that the NAD separates made to my system was probably in large part due to the fact that I was comparing it to my Marantz 5400 which is Marantz's next-to-bottom AVR. Had I been comparing it to the Marantz 8400/8500 or their flagship 9400/9500 I'm sure there would have been far less of such a day and night difference.

Of course if you simply wish to pose as some faceless aristocratic snob, be my guest...whatever makes you happy. Registered or unregistered, you are free to frolic in your little fantasy world which I suppose is a lot cheaper than going to a therapist, lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us