Outlaw 770 + 950 With Bayaudio speakers

Username: Spazzbecker

Post Number: 1
Hi Guys and Gals :-)
I have a set "x5" of Bayaudio cube speakers See link http://www.bayaudio.com/cube.html also running 2 Sonance 12" subs I'm researching the Outlaw separates, has anybody ran them with the Bayaudio and Sonance subs? I listen to 60/40 Music/movies.

Thanks
Carl

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 303
I doubt you'll find any people on this site with Bay Audio cubes. As long as your Sonance subwoofers are self-powered, getting the Outlaw Audio combination is undoubtedly overkill for the BayAudio cubes. Those 8 ohm speakers are designed to perform well on any mid-price receiver.

If the Sonance subwoofers are passive, you might consider getting 2 Outlaw Audio monoblock amps for them and then hooking everything up to a good mid-priced receiver.

But if you feel like spending the money on the Outlaw combo it will certainly drive the speakers easily with a lot of power left over. Just be careful not to drive the speakers into heavy distortion, as the 770 has enough power to fry them.

Username: Spazzbecker

Post Number: 2
Hi Gregory
Thanks for the reply, do you have any experience with the bayaudio speakers as I have just got these? What mid-price receiver would you recommend for a combination of Music every day and movies at the week end?
Thanks for any advice you have

Carl

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 306
No experience at all. I just read their information, their specs, their power handling ability, etc.

Are those Sonance subwoofers self-powered?

What size room do you have? Do you already have HDTV and a dvd player? If so, which dvd player?

I ask these questions as the hook ups and performance of some dvd players could be better with different receivers. Such as, if you had a Pioneer Elite 47AVi I would recommend a Pioneer 55TXi receiver for your system, to take advantage of the firewire (i-link).

You might want to buy one of the NAD models, from the T753, T763, to T773--depending on how much money you want to spend and which features you want.

Another good receiver is the Harman Kardon AVR630 that is available at Onecall.com for $718.

If you want to diddle around with a lot of different DSP's whilke watching movies you might want a Yamaha 2400. It doesn't have the superior amplifier sections of the NAD's, HK's, or the PE 55TXi's, but it does have an excellent preamp section.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us