Pros and cons of manufacturer refurbished

Username: Sme0819

Rochester, New York

Post Number: 7
I'm seeing a significant difference in price but keep hearing that little voice warning me about buying damaged goods. Has anyone purchased anything refurbished by the manufacturer? How did it work out?

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 235
Scott, man. refurbs are generally not damaged goods. Ocassionally, some will have slight cosmetic blemishes but for the most part they are generally new goods that have been opened by a consumer then returned to a store for whatever reason. Since the store cannot sell the item as new once it has been opened, the store must either sell it as a "demo", "used" or in the case of Circuit City "open box buy". Usually at least from what I hear buying a refurb on Ebay from the HK factory outlet is a safe buy since these items are have a full warranty from HK.

Zorro
Unregistered guest
Scott,

I bought a refurbished HK 225AVR more than 2 years ago from Harman Direct and have not had any problems with it...but you need to be careful whom you buy from, Erick is right, HK Direct offer full warranty on their products.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 939
I bought a refurb h/k receiver from ecost.com about 18 months ago. No problems. The box was missing the zone 2 remote control, which I didn't need, and ecost offered to either take the whole thing back or reimburse me some money, which I accepted.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1605
I guess if you're a 'flea market/salvation army' type of shopper, there's nothing wrong with buying damaged goods if that's what you're into.

I'll never do it though, but I dont think there's anything wrong with thats what you want. I would never consider buying anything except brand new merchandise.

Anoy-Nymous
Unregistered guest
That is what I call ignorance ! lol

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1205
easy there Paul,

not all of us are so flush with all that Republican BLOOD-MONEY/SLUSH-FUND like you are, with your $1300 sub!!! heh
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us