No (little) sound through speakers - Impedance???

Username: Xtjcx

Post Number: 1
I am somewhat of a rookie when it comes to understanding all of the Ohms and impedance details of receivers/speakers. I have done some research but am still having problems with some new speakers I bought.

Here is what I have. I bought some new Bose 151 SE Speakers that state they support 4-8 Ohms. I have an older model JVC receiver, JVC RX-778V and on the back of it, it state the Front speakers support 8-16 Ohmns (Impedance?) and the Rear speakers 16-23 Ohms. I am only using the front speakers since the receive is only driving my new outdoor bose speakers. The PROBLEM is that I get NO sound??? I hooked up my speakers using a 14gauge speaker wire and I think I may have got some music, but then nothing! This receiver should be fine, no??? I dont want to have to buy another receiver just to drive some small outdoor speakers....since this receiver was given to me by a friend who was upgrading :-) Any help info would be appreciated. Oh, also, does any one know how to "reset" this JVC receiver to the factory settings? Could this be my problem? Thanks so much!

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1561
Try hooking up different speakers to your receiver. Borrow some from a friend, family, or neighbor. Anything will do....

If 'they' work, then you'll know there is a problem with the bose, if not.........then it's your receiver.

Good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us