Infinity vs Paradigm front speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Duckmanx

Post Number: 36
I am stuck between two models of speakers, I currently own them both, but need to part with one. Which one would you choose?

My Center channel is an Infinity, my rears the same, my sub is a 12" sony (modified). I use them for mainly Movies.

My choice is either a set of Infinity Reference Three's (3 way speaker) or Paradigm 3SE's (2 way speakers).

Thanks all.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1145
If it's "mainly movies" then keep the Infinity speakers.

You could also use the money from reselling the Paradigms to pay for a better sub like a Hsu or SVS which would really improve your HT. Just an idea...

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1548
Since you already own both, keep the pair you like the best.

Pretty simple, ay?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1147
timbre-matching, Paul.

And I ain't talkin' 'bout lumber.

; )

Bronze Member
Username: Duckmanx

Post Number: 37
Would it be overkill if I used the infinity's for the front and the paradigms for the rears? They sound nearly identical in quality, but to match, yes, I should keep the infinity. What helps me tip the scale is that the Paradigms arent shielded :-(

How much do you think I could get for the Paradigms 3se? They in great condition. The modified sub works great, added the polyfill, stapled and shaped to my liking, and added spiked feet so that they can cut me when I lift it :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1184
The rears do about 10% of the work for most HT so why not? IMO the only time you need to timbre-match the rears is if you listen to a lot of multi-channel SACD/DVD-A music.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us