Ohms MicroWalsh Talls after 1 year of ownership (warning long post)

Username: Iknownuttin

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 1
I've seen a couple of postings on the Ohms MicroWalsh speakers and I'd thought I'd post my impression of the Tall's after a year of ownership. I'm no expert when it comes to sound but as a former musician I think I have a decent ear, at the very least I know what I like and dislike. Nothing like living with the suckers to really know what they sound like. For those who don't want to bother with my long winded description:

/ Flame suit on
to MY PERSONAL EAR and PRICE range (ie sub $1,000 pair), I find the Ohms MicroWalsh Talls are the better sounding speaker then the Totem Accouctic Sttaf, Klipsch RF-7 and Heritage Heresy II, Axiom, Paragdim, Mirage and other usual suspect found at your well stocked mid price Hi-Fi shop. The Totems are a little better but are more expensive, more difficult to place for optimum sound and don't offer the same on site evaluation offer.
/end Flame suit off

If you like your speakers on the natural side (no colour, no need for equalizer), under $1,000 and don't care if nobody recognizes the brand and can turn a blind eye to the finish then Ohms is the winner in my book. Sound wise the Totems are a little better and the finish is impeccable however they require careful placement (less flexible) and you'll need to bargain hard to get them at $1,000 (at least they were last year). Both are tall floor standing yet small (8"x8"). Very important note, don't bother listening to Ohms if they haven't had at the very least 100 hours of serious break in time. I don't know about the break in period for the Totem but the ones that I compared had several 100 hours as well. Also keep in mind that this was done 1 year ago.

Many of you will likely want to disagree and to that, all I will say is for those who actually compared these in-situ "vive la difference" (loosely translated ... without diversity life would be boring).

First a little background: My NAD 7155 with a strangely well balanced and aged Bose 301 bookshelves had served me faithfully but it was high time for replacement. I'd set my budget for speakers to sub $1,000 and amp to $500.

I did the circuit of local Stereo shops and listened to several setup and I wasn't overly impressed by what was offered. Included in the lineup were the usual suspects with a few odd balls like Totem Accoustic.

Amp wise I decided on the Onkyo TX-SR701 for various reasons and got the Denon 1600 thrown in for under $400. Great combination for the price. Although I did initially set it up for 5.1 I've reverted back to standard audio because the gains were very limited (few non action movies make effective use of surround) when compared to the amazing imaging that the Ohms can provide versus the annoyance factor of cables going across my living room floor. That said I do set up surround when warranted. Still need a solution for those pesky wires though :-(

As for the speakers, the only ones that caught my ear was the Totem Accoustics Sttaf which was around $1250 but could be had for the $1,000 with appropriate haggling ;o) and the Ohms MicroWalsh for $900. A friend was gaga over his old Klipsch Heritage series but I listened to them and the RF-7 but they didn't do didly for me. It could have been the shop and how they were setup (very large room, poor setup).

The Ohms are US made and use a modified Walsh driver with a tweeter, come with a 4 month money back warranty while the Totem Accoustic are a Canadian company and sold through authorized dealers only (no web). I was referred to the MicroWalsh's by someone on a car forum, he champions the brand even though he is not associated with them but probably represents a fair volume of sales (since others on this forum have made reference to him as well ;-).

I got the MicroWalsh Talls and for the first week they sounded like they were coming out through 10 foot cotton balls. By the 3rd week they were finally starting to break in and sound like they should. After 6 weeks they were simply impressive. They do best at volume and up ie if you want to have a telephone conversion, you'll need to turn it down a little but you won't have to annoy the neighbours to enjoy them (I live in an apartment). They can be excellent if you WANT to annoy the neighbours. They cover the full range, there is no need for an equalizer (although my friend disagrees and says a slight boost is needed at the crossover but I think he's going deaf in his old age ROFL), and can handle most bass requirements. If you listen to a lot of techno then either get a sub woofer or get the Ohms Mark II's. Both the Totems and Ohms were very even and natural sounding, no compression that I could tell, no distortion to speak of, and offered superior value for the money when compared to their counter parts and many speakers that cost twice as much. I was not able to arrange a home demo of the Totems which probably cost them the sale. I had to bring all of my equipment to the showroom in order to compare. A real pain in the @ss. Side by side the Totems were a little better but are finickier when it comes to placement and I suspect they would suffer in my odd shape room. The finish however was miles above the Ohms which look like a DYI by an average Joe (my biggest complaint by far) when placed side by side. Comparison was made over 3 hours spread over 2 days in a sound room of a mid end shop (the Totem Shawman made me drool with envy at $4,000 a pair which to my ears blew out the B&O at nearly 3x the price). I used the following albums during testing, Diana Krall (Stepping Out), Dave Brubeck's Greatest Hits - vinyl (his Rondo a la Turk gave me goose bumps on the Ohms, I swear I'm onstage), Michel Hedge Breakfast in the fields, Allan Holdsworth (Heavy Metal Fatigue), Bach quatuore a corde, piano concerto's etc Debussy, Schonberg, various Rock from 70's to today and a recording of yours truly on accoustic guitar (recorded/played back on a Nakamichi tape deck).

During the test, I played with various amp set up but the only thing that I could conclude was that with these speakers, the better amps can still improve the sound but it is only really noticeable at the bottom end. At home I played with a NAD 7155, a vintage class A HK and the Onkyo TX-701. Of the three, the best was the HK, it brought out sub 80hz (guessing here since I didn't have a meter) that the others only hinted at. Adding a sub could solve it but just isn't worth it. Even the Onkyo did surprisingly well, an acoustic double bass or a bass saxophone is clear, tight, deep and no hint of looseness or boomyness as observed with many other speakers. It starts to fail only when the sounds dip below 80 hz ie synths or bl00dy massive organs ((OO)). That said movies still sound great and you won't have to worry about the better half's heirloom dishes rattling to pieces ;o). The Ohms have amazing imaging and are very forgiving when it comes to placement (I have an L shape living room) which in the end made the final choice obvious.

After a year of ownership, I am not tired of their sound and I've become completely oblivious to their finish. I would still strongly recommend these to anyone who is shopping for sub $1,000 speakers and that they should at the very least try them out. If you don't like them then only the shipping company comes out richer.

If you've made it this far you are either bored, avoiding work or you actually found this of some use ;-)

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 138
Well the Ohms are great a legendary company they produced the only true mega buck speaker killer back in 1981.My dad bought them and I was 7 years old,thats when I first got interested in audio.The Ohm Walsh 2,Word is that are way better than the Walsh 2s,better electronics will take the Micro Talls a long way into high end,put them on something real high end and will be real suprised how good those speakers you have had for a year really are,yes trully one of the 5 bargains in high end HiFi.

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 2
So what would you define as better electronics? As much as I could appreciate the measurable and wonderful tone of the aformentioned speakers when driven by a McIntosh, I can't justify to myself spending $3,000 + for it (blasphemy to some here I'm sure). Is there such a beast that is ideally sub $800? How high would I have to go? I tested a couple of the current sub $700 (Marantz, NAD, HK) but they did not provide sufficient increase in sound quality to make me want to part with $$$. The nice thing about the Onkyo 701 is that it supports the ability to bypass the amp to drive the front speakers with an alternate power amp if and when I find something suitable. Tubes no longer hold any interest for me (been there done that in my days with the Mesa Boogie), I would prefer staying with Solid State (gasp!!! more blasphemy). Is there an Ohm in the amplifier world?

Bronze Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 37
John.. I'm sure there are a number of 2-channel amps that would fit the bill, but I'll leave that to others with more knowledge on the subject. However, for $598, you can pick up 2 Outlaw Audio M200 monoblocks to try with a 30-day return policy.

Bronze Member
Username: Cousin_it

Post Number: 13
Nice review, John Doe - good to see you still dig the Ohms after a year - that's the true test.

I compared mine to a the Totems and also found the Ohms to outperform them in almost every way. I tried the Rainmaker, Arro and Hawk. I found the Ohms to be much more natural and easier to place (among other things, but I don't want to start an anit-Totem thread, they ARE nice speakers - just not my thing). It's hard to beat the look of the Totems, and the Ohms aren't going to do it by a long shot, that's my only problem with them. But like you said, when you hear them and live with them for a while, you forget all about it.

The Walsh-inspired design really sidesteps everything in the Micros price range (and above). It seems to solve a lot of problems with most dynamic design speakers out there - unless you really drop so dough. In my room, I find the Micros to easily go down to 40hz and a little below (down a few db). Lately, I've been really appreciating the seamless integration of the drivers - having that crossover way up around 8k, really leaves the midrange alone. The main driver easily hands off to the tweeter, without any interuption.

As far as power, I'm using an older McIntosh MA-6200 Integrated from '91. The soundstage is huge, its VERY quiet and there is lots of low end from this amplifier. Try the used market, and you can find some great integrated amps for $800, or you can try for something like a Creek A50i new...

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
Sorry I must have looked over the McIntosh,but you are right John Doe a $700 receiver is not going to do anything for them.They do like mono block power.How could I have looked over the McIntosh,silly me maybe the Oddessey preamps and amps,Moons,Musical Fidelity,Naim,Roksan,Jolida,Unison,Exposure,Pathos,Bat,Parasound,Ayre,Conrad Johnson,Copeland thats just to name a few.

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 3
Thanks all for the suggestions on amps. I will have to take a trip to Montreal or Toronto to see/hear these amps since saddly I don't ever recall seeing any of these brands in the local shops. They have a McIntosh or two, Arcams, Rotel etc.

Cousin_it, yes the Mac certainly brought out the low's, I'm a little envious but I'm a little gun shy of tubes, how often do you change your tubes? The Mesa Boogie would eat through them after only a couple of 100 hours of play (they lost their edges quickly and I was addicted to the feel of the edge). A strange thing seems to happen to those who go tube, they go through some sort of metamorphasis and become extremely fixated about the slightest things... ROFLMAO (self professeed reformed tube-aholic ;o)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
My amp is solid state, but you can tell it's made by a company with a serious background in tubes. When the time comes, I'm moving over to a Manley Stingray. I grew up on tubes - gotta get back to my roots.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
Yeah Macs are great even the old ones solid state or tubes.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4382

J.D. - I change the output tubes in my McIntosh MC240's about every three to five years depending on the tubes I'm using. When I bought the amps used they had (approximately) twelve to fifteen year old factory tubes in them and still exceeded factory spec. Mac biased their tubes very conservatively and the amps run very cool for a tube power amp. I tend to let my amps run 24/7/365.

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 5
Thanks Jan, I greatly appreciate the first hand info.

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
Well I had to get back to my family roots,so I ordered the Micro talls,I cant wait to here them considering,even when my dad had his he didnt really have his amp and source together.Now have the electronics for them,cant to here the Musica Fidelity stuff on them should be real nice.My uncle has my dads Walsh 2s so I let him keep my Mordaunt Shorts until the Micros come in 2 weeks from now,so i can get back familiar with their sound,although the Micros are much superior to them it still will be quite entertaining.I'll start my lstening sessions this week.

Bronze Member

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 11
I'm a little confused, are the Talls for your uncle and you're to get the Walsh 2s? Or is he getting the Mordaunt shorts and you're keeping both the Walsh 2s and the Talls?

No matter, hopefully you'll get to break in the Talls. I know I don't have to warn you about the looooong break-in period that they need. You might want to hang on to the set that you have until they had a bit of time to loosen up. Mine really sounded like a stuffed Kleenex box for the first two weeks. I called John and he said to relax and wait a little more, they'll start to loosen up soon. Once they did... oh mama. Like I said I've heard better but I would have to fork over at least 2-3x the $900 to get it. I wish I could hear what they sound like on the MF. With the McIntosh, it definitely went down around the 40 hz with decent db (sorry didn't measure) unlike my current Onkyo which probably only goes down to 80 hz before losing db. I'm still hunting for an amp to drive them. I wonder if Wyetech Labs would let me try one of their Topaz amp since they're barely a 10 min drive from my place? Well I can dream can't I...

Let me know when you get yours I'm curious to know if they've improved their finish. BTW which finish did you order?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Hey John what finish did you get? I have the Walnut, and it looks nice, they were able to match the grain pattern on the front baffles.

Mine also took a while to break in, but like you said, "oh mama" when they finally do.

Bronze Member

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 13
I originally requested Cherry but they didn't have any stock, so I went with Mahogany. To be honest, the Mahogany looks alot like the Cherry except a little darker... so all is good.

I assume that by baffle you mean the front piece of the speaker body. Mine aren't matched but you can't tell since they are placed 9' apart.

I found his logo tag to be a little cheap looking, I often think about removing them but I'm sure that it would mar the finish. BTW do you keep the cloth grill on or did you take them off (I often knock one askew when I brush past them)? Again I only really notice the finish when I'm looking directly at them. Which isn't often cause the sound doesn't seem to eminate from them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
Im listening to my uncles Walsh 2s and he has my MSs itailan rosewood, until my Micros come in,well na ill keep them so I can compare just for a little while,because i know he will want them back.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I keep the grills on, I'll try taking them off for a bit, just to see how it looks - mine also get shifted around from time to time. The reviewer at 6moons.com liked them better without, and he put the positioning stickers under the bases.

It's funny you mention it, but I don't find myself looking directly at mine either. Unlike most speakers that direct the sound AT you, these speakers fill the room, so I think about the music, not the speaker finish...

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
Well the finish is pretty good if you dont like the finish and feel that they could've done a better job send them back to Ohms they will be glad to refinish them for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Yes, I could see them doing that, Ohm's customer service is excellent. Let us know how your new ones sound when you get them.

Bronze Member

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 15
I know I'm preaching to the choir here but ...

Yes the finish is "pretty good", they don't look bad, just not as good as they should. Yes they did offer to refinish them for free (just pay shipping) but I declined the offer. I didn't want to risk loosing that sound (refinishing any instrument after it is completed is risky business). IMHO they need to select a higher quality veneer and take a little more time in the assembly and finish. I am not dishing Pedro (the cabinet maker) because he is given a fix amount of time to build these with the selected materials so that they can sell them for less than $1000 and still make a profit. Maybe they can find another source of veneer supplier.

As I pointed out before, you only notice if you look at them closely which doesn't happen very often. It does however affect how you feel when you first take them out of the extremely well packaged box.

Both cousin_it and I totally agree that the sound is way more important than looks. The Micros simply vanish on the huge stage that they conjure up. Our one and only gripe is the finish. If they could tackle this last hurdle, their deal would go from amazing to un - freakin- believable :o).

I also agree with cousin_it in regards to their customer service. It is second to none. John and the gang will do their best to find a solution for you. John help me track down a boom that was plaguing me on certain songs. As it turned out, my kitchen which is behind the speakers was acting as a natural amplifier chamber for certain low frequencies.

With proper placement the wall behind my stereo vanishes and the stage extends a good 15 ft behind. Enough to make me believe (if my memory isn't playing tricks on me) that Brubeck's grand piano is in the back right corner and the drum kit is slightly to the left back, sax and clarinet in front (this from a 1960's recording. I have never experienced a speaker (that didn't cost a month's pay) that could trick me in believing that the room suddenly doubled in size and I let me pinpoint in space where each instrument is placed. Quality of the recording can now make a huge difference.

BTW, as you already know speakers usually require that they be placed in front of a wall to get decent sound. However because of my funky floorplan, both are offset to a corner of the wall and don't get much benefit from the wall. Other speakers lose a lot of body when placed like this but not the Ohms.

Again, although I'm complaining about the finish, it really isn't all THAT bad. The Ohm Micro Walsh Tall's are an awesome value with a sound comparable to speakers that sell for significantly more money.

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
One ting I disagree with you on is the Staff sounding better than the Micros,thats just not true the Arro is the one that can rival the Micros,the Staffslack the tone and realism to really be able to compete with Micros.The Arros are much closer to the Micros,failing to be better in only image depth and bass power,not say that the Arros arent Very very good at those aspects,just the Micros are amazing in those things.The Staff is a poor mans Hawk warm detailed,big soundstage,pretty detailed and not fussy with a wide range of gear.But better gear doesent change thier sound to much,where as with the Micros and Arros get better and better with better gear.The only speakers that rival either one of them for under $2600 is Gallo Refference 3,Magnapan Mg 1.6,Usher CP6311,Von Schweikert VR 2,and you guessed it Ohm Walsh 100Mk2 which many people feel the Micros have the better balance.Just thought that I would add this,But I bet you think that anymore since your babies have broken in.

Bronze Member

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 19
Hey TW, I will agree to disagree on the Sttafs ;o) At least the ones that I listened to vs the Arro. I could have been the pair in the shop but I felt it was more balanced and the tone was fuller. I did hear the Hawks which had a better lower end but not enough for the extra cash. I was using the Wind as a baseline (the Shawman were in another room). Who knows why but to my ear that is what I heard. Did you ever listen to their Model 1? I couldn't believe those were bookshelves.

When I set up the girlfriend's system in her basement (room is too big for the Micro's according to John), I'll probably order the 100Mk2 simply because of their money back offer and how satisfied I am with my Micro's. It will be fun to compare them to the current crop of speakers in that range.

Yes I am very happy with the micro's. All I have to do is crank it to -20db or better and sit back and enjoy. I can't wait to get a real amp on them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Tawaun read my mind with the Totems. I found them to have lots of bass for their size, but the mid tonal balance was way off - too slick sounding. Yes, they're detailed - I can hear all of the instruments, but it didn't all blend together to sound like music. I haven't heard the model 1, but I heard the Mani-2s at the Hi-Fi show in NYC this past May. The bass response was ridiculous.

John, I'm interested in hearing what you think of the 100 Mk2s. I'm also wondering how the bigger guys sound. When I find myself in a larger listening space, I'm making the same upgrade.

Silver Member

Post Number: 299
Dont be to hasty guys slow down the Micro is better balanced than the 100Mk2s and they play just as loud,remember the Micros are their very latest technology.If you are gonna upgrade it would have to be the 200Mk2 if you want a big jump,and furthermore I would wait to they come out with a Mk3 of the rest of them,they will be more like the Micros.As far as the Totems I hear what you are saying Cousin it,but the Arro is a different matter they are very accurate tool.

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
What kind of gear do you guys have?this would be the thing to do is upgrade your gear.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Honestly, I didn't get as much time in with the Arros as I wanted. The salesman kept directing me to the Hawks, even though I kept wanting to hear the Arros. What little time I had with the Arros sounded like a much better balance than the Hawks, so even though it was a quick impression, I guess my gut reaction was right.

Along with the Ohms, I have a McIntosh MA6200 integrated with a Sony SACD/Universal player (I forget the model #) a Rega Planar 2 turntable with Analysis Plus Oval 1, and Oval 12 cables.

Silver Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 164
I've had the Cherry veneer Micro Talls for almost two years. The finish has really darked up to a nice red/orange patina. John told me they will continue to get darker for two more years.

Nothing I've seen Ohm put out is high end furniture grade, but the Micro Tall's size and design work well in many living environments.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Another thing to keep in mind - even though the finish isn't the best, the build quality seems very good. When you rap on the sides with your knuckles, you have one very solid cabinet. I've also heard recently that they've updated their drivers for a very long lifespan. One last build benefit - for all of you parents out there - kids cannot get to the drivers behind the protective canister (I'm always hearing how kids are poking out drivers)!

Silver Member

Post Number: 306
I cant wait only about aweek left until I get mine.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 583
There you go again TW knockin' the totems! j/k

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
I can't wait, only about 2 more hours, and I can go home and listen to mine ;)

Silver Member

Post Number: 307
Joe how am I knockin the Totem I just dont feel as strongly about the whole line like you do.The Arro is the best one they make regardless of price,I am not the only person on here that has something negative about them.Totem is better than the vast majority of speaker companies though.What is matter with you I never said I didnt like the Rainmakers,but they are not inthe same league as the Micros.I am intitled to say and think that,maybe you should look at thread title,Me,Cousin It,and John Doe are Ohm fans you cant change that if you dont like it start a Totem Rainmaker thread.

Bronze Member

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 20
LOL... can you feel the love ;o)

Stone, welcome to the Ohm love fest ;o) After two years, other then a mellowing of the patina, is there any change to the sound?

Yes Cousin It, the build is definately solid, I'm not worried about that. BTW, I've removed the covers and the n@ked look seems a little funky ;o) No real sound difference tho'.

TW, John from Ohm was the one who suggested that the 100 would do a better job then the Talls (the 200 would be ideal). It's a basement 16 x28 with deep pile carpeting and suspended ceiling. However at $2,000, the 200's at are more then what she's willing to spend.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
I must admit, at the HiFi show, the Totems did stand up to a lot of the pricier gear. I wish they had had the Arros in the room.

Bronze Member

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 21
TW, your jumping the poor guy for no reason. Joe clearly indicated that he was joking with the comment ie j/k at the end of his comment.

> There you go again TW knockin' the totems! j/k

Joe, don't worry TW is just going through withdrawals waiting for his Micros ;-) (tongue firmly planted in cheek).

I've never been to a Hi Fi show, how do they avoid the noise bleed from one booth to another?

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
Yeah cousin it the Arros are one of my favorite speakers period bar none,Totem is agreat company,you are not like every speaker in every speaker line,well I cant say that I like every Ohm ive every heard,people must listen to them to be able to understand,their is no other sound like them totally unique.You have some nice stuff to,they are highly sensitive to anything up stream,but I love that though,that is one of the things thats so good about the Arros they really do have much in common.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
John, the show in NYC is held at the Hilton, and they literally take over a bunch of floors, empty out the rooms and cram systems into each one. It takes a minute to get used to, some of them are actually set up pretty well, and sound nice. I went early, and often had rooms to myself - just blasting music on mega-buck systems. They also have demos downstairs in some of the larger conference rooms.

TW, I'm going to trek down to the store later this week and try out the Arros again, now that I've had my Ohms for a while. If I'm feeling ambitious, I'll bring 'em along.

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
Sorry Joe guess I need to learn how to read better Im really sorry,Ahh Ohm Walsh pressure it will bug you all day.John I gonna hook my uncles old Walsh 2s up until the Micros get hear.Im trying to get him to do the upgrade but he is being a cheap skate.SORRY JOE!

Silver Member

Post Number: 313
You know Totem is a good speaker company when you can compare thier sound to Ohms when they are direct radiating speakers and the Walshes have the most unique sound in the world and be able to hang with them in soundstaging and imaging really says volumes about their design.That Vince he is something else a great speaker designer by any measure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
That's a good point, and exactly what I was thinking when I was at the show in NY. The Totems were doing things that some very expensive systems could not do. But I would have never had a great reference in this price range (and above), without hearing my Ohms first.

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
I would say I have to give much credit to Meadowlark to,them and Totem share the same kind of attributes.Totems being a little more tonally acurate and Meadowlark being a little warmer and richer,both of them have that huge soundstage.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 585
lol TW , if I just leave for a while you may get upset but then calm down byt the time I return.

Silver Member

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 165
For me, living in a condo where I cannot crank them up, the break in period was long. The first 3 month they were a thin sounding speaker. Then 3-6 they started to reveal more warmth and a bit of bass. They truly didn't achieve optimal sound to me until about a year of ownership and have not really changed for the last year. Way, way above average midrange, this is where these excel. The bass notes have definition and are clearly there, but could be supported by a subwoofer for a more robust sound. But hey, it's next to smallest in their CLS speaker line. The high end is the least strong attribute of the coherent line source driver, thus the need for a separate tweeter. That tweeter is the only part of the speaker that benefits from speaker angle placement. I have the Ohm center channel (god they need to change that design) and Ohm rear satellites and feel the 3-D Ohm sound very good for two channel but extraordinary for HT use.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
I live in a co-op with very thin walls. It's been about 8 months for me, I feel like I'm STILL breaking mine in.

Stone, what satellites are you using?

Silver Member

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 166
To answer your question, I am using the SAT-1's. Will probably change speaker systems all together before upgrading to the SAT-3's. Not that I do not like the Ohm HT system, I will just get a need for change eventually.

Doe Jr.
Unregistered guest
John Doe, to bad it didn't do didly for you, sounds like you must have listen to a bad setup because the Klipsch RF-7 are stunning sounding and have gotten great reviews from users and mag reviews. I have a pair and they are so sweet and very smooth and refind compared to the Heritage line. I've had many speakers I have tried over time, and much, much more expensive ones but the Klipsch RF-7's are the best speaker I've had to date.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us