Car amp at Home.

Username: Donshiv

Post Number: 1
Hey, I have a FlameQ 1800 watt peak sub. A 1800 watt peak amp. If I buy a 90 amp battery charger can I hook the amp up to this and hook up the sub to the amp? I really don't know but do I have to buy a battery if I buy the charger or can I just hook the amp up to the charger itself? If you know please tell me everything I need to do. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 701
Goto a radioshack and explain to them, and they will have what you are looking for - you don't need a battery - just one converter.

You don't want t charger either.

Something like this (might need a bigger amp. no. one - this one is 12 amp - should be ok) - go to a radio shack with your amp, and they will tell you the right amp. no

If they don't have one, you can buy it on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D4559832390& category=50070

Username: Audiobahnguy

Post Number: 1
i had only a 690 Watt Pro Carmuo hooked up to just a charger that ran 12 volts 6 amps,sadly its bad for amps and it hardly had enough power move the sub..just some info for people who see this...dont use a charger!take your amp apart and make a Power supply that can keep up with it!somewhat it can be a pain in the azz!

Post Number: 2
I had a 25 amp power converter from radioshack and it played only a little bass, when I put the volume up the converter would shut off(looks like some kind of safety feature). I also tried hooking up a capacitor to it, it wouldn't even turn on when I hooked the cap to it. This is why I thought maybe I should get something with 90 amps. I was looking at the 90amp battery charger last night (I think it's a charger and a regular converter, so this sould be good,right).Thanks for your input guys.

Post Number: 8
Anyone, Help Please.

Username: Audiobahnguy

Post Number: 7
just buy a Car battery and hook the charger up to that,then hook the amp up it should easily work,but i just heard that running a amp off of a battery charger "Could" ruin it.but it never ruined my amplifier.try buying a few 12 volt rechargeable batterys that are like 7 amp hours or more.. and combine them together so you can get more amp hours and hook the charger up to the battery's and then hook the amp up to that..cause you dont want a car battery in your house..if thats what u are planning?forget the car battery i mentioned..i've tested 690 watt amp that same way the batterys lasted like 3 hours without a charger even hooked up..and that was only 2 12 volt 7 amp hour batterys..your converter cant handle the amps power...unless you add batterys with it you should get better performance.. ..good luck..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us