Problem with a Denon 4802 Receiver

Username: Cflex

Post Number: 1
Hey guys; been reading the messages and looks like there's a lot of experts here. I've got a bit of a problem. I bought a Denon AVR 4802 a long while ago from some eTailer online. After I bought it I noticed this problem where when watching a DVD using Dolby Digital... occasionally the audio will cut out. The signal-detect and dolby lights on the receiver will turn off and on. This never happens in DTS mode. I thought it might be cabling related.. even upgraded to a Denon DVD player.

Still happens now and then... eg like 2 or 3 times a movie. Sometimes when it cuts out (only for a sec) the receiver makes a single beep. Sometimes there's no beep and there's a pattern of static for a sec. Scares the crap out of anyone watching cuz it's unexpected (and loud!).

I also noticed that if the rear speakers aren't connected, this stops happening. I can't garauntee that, its just an observation. I've tried all kinds of settings on the receiver.. In the spkr config setting the size of the speakers etc.. (I got some good sized Klipsch Reference speakers.. RF3's, etc...). It'll happen when the sound is low or high. Optical input and coax.

Unfortunately... I found out only later that Denon will only warrant from authorized dealers. Not sure what to do. Can I bring it into a Good Guys and have them fix it? Does anyone know what is happening (eg does the system think it's overloadeding?).

Thx!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us