Rotel 1072 V cambridge azur 640

martin bruv
Unregistered guest
am about to buy a new cdp.... (i have a redgum 60W amp and B&W DM2 MKII speakers), and have come down to these two which in the shop both sound practically the same. here in australia the rotel is only 100AUS dearer. the azur uses the wolfson 24bit dac (same as arcam) and the rotel uses burr-b 18bit dac. is this a major concern as to sound quality? do i have to rely on my ears only? anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

jamie
Unregistered guest
hi, i find that the azur is superior in all ways to the rotel. yes, the DAC will make a large difference, as this is the component which sucks the information of your cd. but at the end of the day, your ears are the only thing you can rely on, however the 24 bit DAC should make an audiable diffrence.

the 640c is a great buy, it even rivals my freinds cyrus 6 in some ways. go for it.

Username: Tons_of_fun

LondonUK

Post Number: 1
As you say, listen to both units where possible. The 640C is the star of the Azur line-up thus far (we do have other items in the pipeline though ;) ) and has a great spec- you may find however that for whatever reason, that you prefer the 1072. After all, my Audio Note CD player has an inferior spec to a 640C and I don't feel like swapping.
Ed

beatnic
Unregistered guest
we do have other items in the pipeline though ;)

.. Azur 340 ? :D

LondonUK

Post Number: 6
.. Azur 340 ? :D

That is indeed first- but that's because it is a great deal easier to do than the £500 unit.

MARK AUDIO4KICKS
Unregistered guest
right now im using a Samsung dvd player as a cd player, im running it into a bbe 262 mini maximizer and i can tell you one thing you don`t have to spend tons of money to get great sound, this $56 dollar dvd player,,,thats right $56 dollars, works beautifully out performs a much more expensive Sony unit i have, im one of those guys who would spend big bucks on outboard dacs, wish i had all that money back, you wanna hear bass thump and detail get yourself a bbe maximizer, once you hear it you`ll never want to listen to music any other way.

bill
Unregistered guest
ed
off topic question for you if i can.i have a 540d(that i love)and a 540r that i am having a few problems with.widely reported to be common to many owners.are you aware of these and do you know how soon a fix will be available.secondly i have noticed that when watching dvd movies i got better sound using multi channel output on 540d than when using the 540r onboard dac.have you heard this?
thanks
bill

MARK AUDIO4KICKS
Unregistered guest
bill trust your ears whatever sounds best stick with it,,,we all hear things in different ways, i`ve noticed that my system will sound good one day and not so good the next, along time ago a stereo salesmen tried to talk me into buying real expensive speaker cable, told me it will bring out the very best in my new speakers, i told my uncle about this, him being an electrican for over 30 years looked at me and laughed, there are no rules in audio most people forget to just relax and enjoy the music, there to consumed in the audio gear, the simple fact is if it sounds good it sounds good.

LondonUK

Post Number: 8
Bill- the 540R upgrades are shipping to distributors- we are leaving it to them as to how they implement any changes. You aren't alone in the feeling of the D's processing over the R- there's a group of engineers that prefer it too.

bill
Unregistered guest
ed
thanks for the info.you say other products in pipeline,if they are upgrades to what has been released so far i cant wait for them.i hope the upgrades to the 540r will be here soon,and will fix all of the issues the unit has because it has great sound.
thanks
bill
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us