Monitor Audio?

justwondering22
Unregistered guest
I currently have Triangle Titus 202 and was wondering if anyone had heard them before, and how you think they compare to the MA silver line. I am looking around, I love the Titus, but it seems to be sometimes edgy and cannot play that loud while watching movies. I am about 60%music and 40% movies. Im running things off of a Marantz sr5400
Thanks for any imput

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 600
I'm not a fan of Monitor Audio, finding them relatively undynamic and flat. At least the Triangles (which I have only heard a couple of times) appear to have more vibrancy.

It does depend a bit on where you are in the world of course. If you're in the US or Canada, then Paradigm, Ascend, Axiom and Totem would also come into your sphere. If on the European side of the pond, then B&W, Focal JmLab, Acoustic Energy, and possibly Dynaudio might be interesting brands.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 992
I like Monitor Audio but I Triangle even more. I'm curious what electronics you're using with them.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1057
I agree with Frank and Art, the Triangles are very unique speakers...almost unpredictable in fact.

Username: Spinzero

PA

Post Number: 2
I love my MA S6's. To my ears they are certainly faster and more dynamic than most others in that price range. However I think Bronze line can be a bit too polite for some.

Having that said, I haven't had a chance to listen to Triangles, and judging by what others have said they must be very dynamic and lively speakers. Too bad I couldn't find them when I was in the market.

Bronze Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 24
The MAs are a little more smooth sound i think the JM labs sound like the Triangles both are very fast i like the labs better the MAs have some nice bottom end they are very fast to not quite as fast as the French speakers the french speakers really major on speed and pace with a extremly open midrange

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 501
Best french speakers I have heard are the focal Utopias, whew!

justwondering22
Unregistered guest
I may have to move up to the MA gold series for a real upgrade then

Silver Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 603
Can you not consider something outside the MA range?

Regards,
Frank.
Sorry, just got a thing about MA...

justwondering22
Unregistered guest
Hey Frank,
I will definately consider other speakers, any suggestions that you like?

justwondering22
Unregistered guest
Hey Frank,
I will definately consider other speakers, any suggestions that you like?

Silver Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 608
I gave several suggestions above. My choices would be the European ones since I'm in the UK.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 45
Yeah i use to be a big fan of the MAs but they are not the same company anymore.When you consider the Gold 60s costs $4000us now and back maybe 6 or 7 years ago when the golds the same as the studios.Well the Studio 60s costed $12000us the same speaker the top in thier line costed$12000 now their top of line costs $4000 think about it they sold out and went mainstream and they are not buit as good.I know it hurts I was hurt to but its time to move to another brand.

Bronze Member
Username: Xsound

Myrtle Beach, SC United States

Post Number: 89
I really like the MA line. I am in the process of completing a silver set-up. I know that some people really don't care for them. Reviews are good for the silver line, even better for the gold line.
but the most important thing is what do your ears tell you. If you like the sound of the speakers, then what does it matter if someperson you will never meet likes or doesn't like your speaker?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us