How to hook up my receiver

Username: Hi4noon

Post Number: 1
Hi all,
so yea I'm new at this and didn't expect it to be this challenging...I have a Denon avr-800 receiver and am trying to connect it to my TV...but it's being a pain. I have this red and white wire I connected to the red and white on the back of my TV but am not sure where to connect it on the receiver. on the back of the receiver there are the following options:
VCR
Phono
CD
VDP/DBS
Dat/Tape
for audio connections...i tried all of them with no success. and yes i did use the remote to choose the connection on the receiver. the speakers are connected correctly. I just don't know how to connect the TV to the receiver. Do I connect it to the VCR then to the receiver? not sure...I'd appreciate all help even if it comes along with insults =/
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1023
LOL, it sounds like your TV's as ancient as mine!

The red and white plugs on the back of your TV are probably Audio INputs, meant for you to hook up a VCR or DVD player to play through the TV's speakers.

What I do is use the tuner on my VCR to watch TV (gets better reception anyways, go figure) and hook the VCR's audio OUTputs to the receiver.

Username: Hi4noon

Post Number: 2
awesome! thanks a ton for your help! I really appreciate it!
~peace

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1040
you're very welcome!

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 147
Nathan are you sure about the model number on this? I did a quick search and I can't find a Denon avr-800. Check and repost. We can usually find the manual on-line and help you through it.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 148
Does this look like the back of your receiver?

http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=10436919

(Look further down the page)

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us