Marantz SR 7400 question ?

Bronze Member
Username: Foreverblue

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 12
Hello all ,

I am just wondering if any of you experts out there that can tell me how would you think about this Marantz SR7400 model ?
Is it any good for both HT and Music ?
Will it get hot very easily like some one would have said in some of other forums?
The reason why I am asking these question because there is a guy who live in my area (Toronto, Canada) is selling a 'B" stock Marantz SR7400 and he asking for $650 Canadian (of course no Tax) while the brand new one in the HI-Fi store is selling for $899 Canadian + Tax.
Of course the exchange rate between the American & Canadian is 1.25 time.
What dou you guys think about this ? Any advises would by appreciated.

Cheers

patnshan
Unregistered guest
I have the 8400 and love it. It is great for both HT and Music. It is very neutral sounding. It has a great amount of power. I have heard that if you have decent ventilation and don't put anything on top of it, you should be fine. I wish you luck in your decision. Clarification: I am NOT an expert. I would certainly listen to it before buying if you can, that should help a lot.

Pat

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 2022
I have the SR-7300 and my advice is really the same as Pat's. These units are wonderful for music and HT, but can get hot driving all channels very hard for long periods or on very hot days. With our hot summers I use a small low voltage computer fan on top to draw air through the vents as it did go into protect mode once on a very hot day. With the right speakers I'm sure you will enjoy your purchase.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us