How do you make a 7.1 reciver into a 6.1?

Bronze Member
Username: Iamdickie

Post Number: 21
how do you make a 7.1 reciver into a 6.1? I have a avr 630 and would like to make it run in 6.1 mode if possible. I might get a vsx 1015 too. do either of these have this option?

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 210
Use one less speaker. It's that simple. The AVR 630 should automatically detect the abscence of one speaker during the setup and will ask you if you have surround back speakers.

Username: Thunder18

Post Number: 4
I have the VSX-912 currently and it tells you in the manual how to connect one speaker instead of 2 to the surround back channel. Also, when you do the MCACC(multi channel acoustic calibration) to set up your speaker distances and levels it will ask you if you're setting it up for 2.0 through 7.1 or anything in between. Of course this only helps you with the Pioneer...I'm not familiar with H/K menu set-up.

Username: Vnicastro

Post Number: 1
I have a Denon 785 7.1 receiver, and 7 8 inch russound speakers alond with an infinity sub. The sound is pretty incredible. However I am confused, am I truly getting 7.1 when playing dvd's or 5.1 through 7 speakers. Is there a way to truly get 7.1 like in the movies. Thanks in advance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
Victor: Currently their are very few dvd's that are a true 7.1 most that say DD EX are in fact 6.1 and with most of these the signal is mostly 5.1 with occasional 6.1 sound using the rear center speaker.

Username: Vnicastro

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your response. So let me get this straight; 7.1 generally means the amount of speakers your have, but because dvd's are in 5.1 the sound is separated through only 5 speakers?

Silver Member

Post Number: 297
Thats about right Victor. You have seven channels but only a few DVD's actually use all seven channels.

Unregistered guest
<a href="http://www.allaboutsingles.com/dating/dating-woman.php">Dating Women</a
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us