Denon 3805 vs Sony STR-DA3000ES

Bronze Member
Username: Guygadois

Post Number: 20
Has anyone had any experience with working with both of these? The Sony is going for about 1/2 off of retial (was 1000 now 500). Any insight would be great.

Guy

ZiggyZoggyOiOiOi
Unregistered guest
No experience with that Sony, but in general Sony has poor reliability and overinflated power ratings. The 3805 is a great machine, but there are a lot of good options in that price range.

Bronze Member
Username: Brittho

Frisco, TX USA

Post Number: 28
The only Sony ES that my local HIFI store sells is the DA1000ES because the other higher up models have had poor reliability. Cnet.com gave the 3805 the editors pick award so whatever that is worth at least they liked it quite a bit. A store called Ultimate Electronics is currently liquidating allot of their stores stock. If you can find a 3805 there they should sell it to you for around 850 US dollars. The sound of the DA1000ES was not in the same league as the Denon 3805 but I have not listened to a DA3000ES.

Bronze Member
Username: Rikmeister

Hometown, Pa Usa

Post Number: 11
guy there are 20 3805 on ubid now. check it out . maybe you can get a good buy

Silver Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 167
I have the 3805. Not only was in a CNET editors pick, but also a Component of the Year at audioholics.com. It consistently gets good reviews across the board. The sound is very neutral and clean with just a tad of warmth in the midrange (IMHO). I would not pair it up with bright speakers, like Infinitys, for example. I have heard the 3805 paired with Klipsch Reference, which some consider bright, and found the sound quite pleasant.) I have Axioms and I like that combination. Some think that Axioms are bright, but that is probably when the comparison is made to the titanium tweeter vs a soft dome tweeter.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1128
Denon way over Sony, hands down.

Silver Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 173
Denon over Sony - slam dunk!

Silver Member
Username: Chitown