Mystery No-Name speakers...

Bronze Member
Username: Duckmanx

Post Number: 21
Hey, I was just at a few garage sales and found two set of speakers that I thought my parents would like... the only problem is, these are small company (no name) brands, or so I think...

Does anyone know who makes VIVID or Accu-Tech?
Does anyone have ANY info on any of these companies?

Any info would be greatly helpful, and by they way, they are around $35 US per set, and are floor standing.

I nearly pulled out all my hair looking for any info on them. Good luck.

Cheers,
DuckmanX

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Oh and the company VIVID is not this one www.vividspeakers.com, I mean, the speakers look nothing alike anything in their product line. Its a standard 3ft floor standing 3 way, 2x6", and a tweeter.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 933
$35/pair floorstanders at a garage sale, I'd take a wild guess that the sellers paid maybe $100 for them tops unless they bought them ages ago.

A retail $100/pair of floorstanders cannot be too good...gamble if you want to but keep in mind that you get what you pay for.

Why not lug your receiver over there, plug them in and listen?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Actually Edster922, thats a pretty good idea, but I'm too lazy to lug around a 20 pound receiver. Maybe I should look for a stereo reciever at a garage sale as a test unit...

Hoping to get some info on the VIVID speakers, the logo looks like its the brand from www.vividspeakers.com but its not listed anywhere...

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 863
Ya know I was gonna say that Eddie must be a lot younger or more energetic than I am. There is no way I would unhook my gear and drag it from place to place for any reason. The potential for damage is just one variable that would make it impractical for me. Really it doesn't sound like it is worth it anyway. And if you buy a garage sale receiver to drag around to test speakers it ought to be the same as the one at home or you still won't know what the speakers will sound like.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Well, it was a good idea. I also forgot, I would have to bring a CD/DVD player as well because radio isnt of a quality I'd like to test speakers with.

Would it help if I took a picture of the speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 941
Art,

well it does depend on the size of his receiver. But if I were really THAT interested in the speakers and thought they were such an outstanding bargain, I think it'd be worth the hassle.

Better a little hassle than be stuck with bad speakers, IMHO.

DuckmanX, not sure what good a photo of the speakers would do, unless you email it to the folks at that website you found.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Well, the logo VIVID on the speakers does kind of match the logo on that vividspeakers website... Anyways, I bought them and took a risk.

To be perfectly honest, they sound good, not Nuance/Energy Clarity or super heavy base, but its good and I may use them as my rears.

For 35 bucks US, I could pass my low frequencies through them, put them on their backs and use them as foot massagers... I'll see what you guys think when I post a pic of them.

Username: Torchum

Post Number: 3
I used to have a pair of what you are describing. Great rock speakers for a numb ear. The cabs would vibrate so bad but man did they try. Canadian I think but of the cheap variety. If you paid even 150 bucks for the pair they will make impressive garage speakers. They did respond well to my Nakamichi over an Adcom. Whatever eh!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
They go loud, their clarity could use a little help... Thanks Trevor. I'll try to get rid of them... :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us