HK 230 vs. Denon 1804

rmihai
Unregistered guest
So, I decided to go with Axiom speakers, but I don't have to much money for receiver. I found these 2 receivers the best for the money but I cannot decide between them. Please help me. Any advise is welcomed.

Thank you in advance

Bronze Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 25
H/K has more power and can drive low impedance speakers. It sounds warm but not so detailed.
Denon is weaker and sounds colder but is maybe more detailed. Both have enough connectors and features.

Username: Northexposure

Post Number: 6
rmihai - Which Axiom speakers did you get and what do you think of them? I hope to listen to some soon.

Unregistered guest
Hey quick question. I have a Harmon Kardon 110 and it just went crazy the surround modes are all messed up. They play out of one speaker or two. The receiver has a mind of its own. Also I do not like the fact that I have to turn the dial forever to get sound. I am considering the Denon 1804 and was wondering if any one could tell me if the denon is a better choice than going with another Harmon kardon.

riches1
Unregistered guest
I have home auditioned the HK 320 and Denon 2803 in home. I agree with previous posts that Denon's are warm and have slight mid-range boost. Denon's are cool, clean and pristine. I have never heard axioms, but I think I recall reading that they are relatively nuetral, but may tend to boost the mid's as well. Depending on what your tastes are, I don't think you could go wrong with either receiver. I actually would up with an Onkyo for my particular system and I am very happy with it. My order of preference was Onkyo, H/K, Denon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us