Problems with NAD t753 and/or JVC DVD

Username: Big_red

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 5
The problems started just a couple of days ago. When I try to play DVDs no video image comes out, and the only sound that comes out of the speakers is ticking (almost like the DVD is skipping). Also, when I press stop on the DVD a very high pitched noise comes out of the speakers.

Prior to this everything worked great and regular satelite still works fine.

the only thing that has changed is that somehow the multisource/video image is now showing on the display (batteries for the remote are dead and I have not had a chance to get new ones so that I could figure out how to turn it off). My guess is one of my little guys was playing with the buttons on the remote and accidently turned it on.

Any help would be appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 555
Is this "multisource" showing on the display of the NAD? If it is, then you may have accidentally put the receiver in multisource mode. How do you have your DVD player connected? If you are using an optical or coax digital cable, then this is probably where your problem lies. When "multisource" is selected on the NAD, the receiver is assuming that you are using the multichannel inputs, not the digital inputs. You could also try to remedy the problem by pressing the "multisource" button on the front of the receiver.

I am not 100% sure that this is your problem though, because if it is as simple as I describe, then you should probably be getting NO sound from your speakers.

Username: Big_red

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 7
Yes the "multi-source" is showinbg on the NAD, and I am using a coax digital cable. Unfortunately, I don't see a button on the front the NAD panel that will turn this off and have gone through all of the menus on the remote as well. Any other suggestions on how to switch the multi-source mode off (it is a t753).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us