JM Lab / Monitor Audio / Energy / Paradigm

Username: Nsanghani

Post Number: 7
Ok here's my dilemma: I plan to buy the NAD 352 Integrated AMP and for speakers here's what I am thinking:
1. MA S6/S8
2. JM lab 714 S
3. Energy C7
4. Paradigm Monitor 7 / Studio 20

I know this is a lot of choice but given that I can get these within +- $150 which one should I consider?

Thanks in advance for your expertise

Neeraj

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 776
I would nix the Paradigm Monitor 7 in that competition. Listen to them all if you can but with special interest to the MA, JM Lab, and Paradigm Studio 20. Again that is just my opinion. Best judge is YOUR ears.

Username: Nsanghani

Post Number: 8
Art,
Would it be right to compare JM lab Chorus 714 S with Monitor Audio S6?

Also any input on which are more close to the speaker style of B&W

Neeraj

Bronze Member
Username: Gtsum

VA

Post Number: 35
I agree with Art - nix the Monitor 7's (I had them for 3 years)..the Studio's are way above them. Also, make sure you listen to them (side by side if possible) as the MA Silver series will definately have a different sound than the Pardigm's (to me, if you are into Rock, or like to listen at higher volume levels, the MA is the way to go between those). Good luck!
Shaun

ZiggyZoggyOiOiOi
Unregistered guest
Also Neeraj... with the Energy speakers you may want to check out the C-5s. Even though they're less money than the C-7s, I found them to have a richer sound with much better midrange than the C-7s. But you can't really go wrong with any of the speakers you're considering.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 778
The B&W 600 series is comparable. IMO the Paradigm Studio 20 will sound better than any of them although the MA may be close. Sounds like it's time for an audition.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us