Amp for westcoast AOR vinyl please

Username: Paul_stati

Dublin, Leinster Ireland

Post Number: 2
Hi, looking to buy a new integrated amp soon. Have a tight budget of prefferably no more than 200 gbp/ 400dlrs. I listen to westcoast aor early 80's a lot. Have you guys any idea what amp would be best suited to this kind of music (often cheesy, but slick produced early 80's, crisp digital sounding analog recording). I have a good quality project turntable that cost me 550 dollars (with a cartridge upgrade) so I'm ok there (I hope). Still a Popular kind of music so I thought some of you might be able to help.
Many thanks for any input. I would appreciate it as I've been away from hi-fi for a long time
Paul

Username: Paul_stati

Dublin, Leinster Ireland

Post Number: 3
oh yeh, and I forgot to say I have a phono pre-amp so that's not an issue, just really thinking of particular amp sounds.
Thankyou again

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4017

Contrary to what you may have heard about this piece of equipment being best suited to classical music and another being best for rock music, there isn't such a thing as a piece of equipment that is best for 1980's AOR. Find a unit suited to your budget, your needs concerning input and output flexibility and the sound you think you like. Knowing what qualities you want to have in your system is the most important part of deciding what equipment to buy. In reality any good piece of equipment should play any type of music well; find the unit that does the most for the least amount of money and you should be happy.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us