Myth/Truth Help

Username: Caf

Post Number: 5
I've seen a few posts in the past that refer to an article/post/(something) that debunks common A/V and HT myths (regarding wires, connecters, etc). I never bothered checking them before (because I just received some equipment today) and now I can't find any posts in here that mention this. If you have any idea what I'm talking about and can refer me to the correct place, I'd appreciate it!
I searched ecoustics for myths, but didn't have any luck...
Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Jimvm

Louisiana U.S.A.

Post Number: 75
Go to the following link and click on "The Ten Biggest Lies in Audio." I think that's what you're talking about.

http://www.theaudiocritic.com/cwo/Sample_Articles/

Silver Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 118
Try a few links from audioholics.com
:-)

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4011

Without bothering to check facts, you seem to have already determined that what may be the truth is in fact a lie, or more politely - a myth. There are politicians who want your vote!

If you want to read lies, here's a discussion of that bit of fluff.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/135998.html

I suggest you assume anyone with an opinion is not necessarily wanting to tell you the whole truth until you have proven to yourself otherwise. That is especially true when confronting someone telling you someone else is lying to you.

Username: Caf

Post Number: 6
Thank you all. The article and the resultant thread that Jan posted were all interesting, entertaining and exhausting!
As I try to learn more, it is quite helpful to hear the debate on truth and lie.
We all eventually arrive at our own version of the truth...

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1156
"Without bothering to check facts, you seem to have already determined that what may be the truth is in fact a lie, or more politely - a myth. There are politicians who want your vote!"
----------------------
Lord knows that the DUMBocrats could use a few extra votes considering the speedy rate in which they've been losing elections as of late.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4023

Hey, Paul, phuck you! You don't want to start a discussion of this here.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 848
now now Paul, nobody mentioned the ultimate retard of Retardicans:

that coke-snorting,
drunk-driving,
got-into-Yale-only-by-Daddy's-coattails,
got-into-theGuard-only-by-Daddy's-connections,
National-Guard-deserting,
economy-wrecking,
redneck-fundamentalist-brownnosing,
Enron-coddling,
environment-destroying,
war-mongering
and now war-LOSING
George W. Bush!

LOL...

(anybody else want to contribute to the George W. Bush poem, feel free)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1163
As evident by jans bitter response, many DUMB-leaning folks are obviously quite upset that their party is no longer capable of winning elections.

She might as well lay on the floor with arms and legs kicking and flailing as she cries out...."Its not fair!!!! It's not fair!!" exactly like the idiot DUMBs do every day in DC.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1164
LOL Eddie......

The scoreboard says otherwise. At the current rate the DUMBs keep getting voted out of office, there wont be any liberal nitwits left in DC to put up a fight. Voting dean as the Party leader was a huge mistake, and things look very bleak for the future of the DUMBocratic party.

Until they flush their current talking heads, and develop a new vision, they'll be hard pressed to shake their 'minority' status anytime soon. I wouldnt be suprised if the current 55-45 GOP advantage in the senate grows, not to mention the swelling House lead.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 849
LMAO Paul you really must get your news only from Faux...logically, the GOP *should* continue its electoral dominance since it's flush with cash from all its corporate owners and has a disciplined echo chamber working for it in the media (Faux, Angry Mongoloid talk show hosts, Rupert Murdox's empire, Clear Channel Communication's empire, etc.) were it not for ONE thing:

Things in Iraq are steadily going downhill, soldiers on their 2nd and 3rd tours with no end in sight while the military continues to fall far short of its already-scaled-back recruiting quotas---as soon as the painfully obvious and only solution to that problem starts being discussed, i.e. A MILITARY DRAFT---then things will get very sticky indeed for the Retardican Party.

That 55-45 advantage will flip to the other side's favor by the 2006 elections, just wait.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us