Phono for around $150

Bronze Member
Username: Pbdr

Post Number: 21
So I am looking for a decent phono for around $150; something with a built in preamp. Any suggestions on something decent in this price range? Refurbs are fine.

My wife and I have about 30 records that we currently don't listen to because we have no player. Bacailly, we want a player so we can listen to these recrds, but will still primarily be listening to CDs.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 3195
The magazine HiFi News, July 2005, has a positive review of the Pro-Ject Debut III. I do not know if this unit has a phono stage pre-amp, but I recall there is an inexpensive Pro-Ject turntable that does, or at least has it as an option.

Username: Malco49

Post Number: 8
i just purchased the pro-ject debut 3.it was $300 USD.i have read positive things.will let you know when i get it and have a chance to listen.

Silver Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 624
If you just need a simple player to spin 30 records, there's the record player sold at Restoration Hardware for less than hundred.
http://restorationhardware.com/rh/catalog/product/product_detail.jsp?productId=1 187&navAction=jump&_requestid=127421
Don't know if you can get it anymore. A friend of mine has one. Lo-fi but high on nostalgia.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Looks like the Denon DP-29F is the front runner now; anyone have any comments on this plaer or Denon turntables in general?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
I am looking at the Audio Tenica PL50 and TEAC P688 turntables also. Any thoughts on how these units compare?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us