Harmon Kardon DPR 1005 vs AVR 630

Username: Zach_ma

Post Number: 1
Hey guys,

I'm trying to decide on a receiver and looking for advice.

I've always liked Harmon Kardon so I'm looking at the DPR 1005 and the AVR 630, both are $400 to $500 on ebay. The DPR's digital processing sounds cool, but there is something to be said for older robust technology like the AVR.

I'm in the middle of upgrading my audio equipment. The speakers the receiver will be running are JBL E90 front speakers, JBL EC35 center, and older JBL bookshelf speakers in the rear. I plan on adding a powered sub, and extra surround speakers later.

The receiver will be used for home theater 60% of the time the balance a wide range of music.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Zach

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 773
Go to avsforum.com and do a search for "list of digital receivers"---it's a huge +40 page thread.

You'll find that the DPR1005 gets some pretty bad reviews. The DPR2005 however gets plenty of raves...goes for around $750 new so Harman Direct on eBay should have it for $500-600.

I think B&H Photo has the best deals on JBL speakers, check them out if you haven't bought already.

However the JBLs are known to be a bit bright so they'd probably sound better with an analog receiver, just my guess.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us