Harman Kardon

Username: Lowfront

Post Number: 5
Harman Kardon AVR 525 7.1 Channel DTS Dolby Receiver

or

Harman Kardon AVR 235 7.1 Channel Stereo Receiver

Im looking on there ebay store....What will the cost end up for these 2? and is it worth getting the 525?

Im kind of on a budget

ZiggyZoggyOiOiOi
Unregistered guest
Depends what features you need. I won an auction yesterday for an AVR235 at $261, but that's about the lowest I've seen - usually $280-305. For me the 235 is perfect because: a) I don't need the increased power of the 5xx series, since I'll be using an external amp, and b) some of the newer features on the 235, particularly AV Sync Delay, are important to me.

Username: Lowfront

Post Number: 6
Aight well now im worry'd that i need added power if I get this one.....

I'm not planning on gettting floor speakers
just four Fluance SV-6 bookshelves so that does work for me??

ZiggyZoggyOiOiOi
Unregistered guest
With the bookshelves the 235 will be more than sufficient. Keep in mind that HK's power ratings are modest - they don't play the numbers games that some of the other manufacturers do. I've also found their build quality to be the same across the entire model line, whereas Denon and Yamaha tend to 'cheap out' on the less expensive models. You should not need added power for your system. Mine is going into a new HT/music room with power-loving Def Tech's all around. I had a much bigger budget to play with for this system, but I still think the 235 is great bang for the buck.

bustertn
Unregistered guest
whats the AV sync delay do for you ?

ZiggyZoggyOiOiOi
Unregistered guest
bustertn... when you're doing video processing such as upconverting and/or running video longer lengths (like to a projector), you can end up with the audio signal being slightly ahead of the video signal and not in sync. The AV sync delay creates a delay of the audio signal on certain sources (adjustable, up to 125ms I believe) to get things together. Since I'm upconverting DVDs to a 720p signal and sending them through a 30' DVI cable to a projector, AV sync delay is important to me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us