Naim NAIT 5i integrated amplifier + Quad 12L Speakers

Username: Lagomatic

Post Number: 2
Any thoughts on this Amp and speaker combo. I auditioned them today and was very impressed, I guess I would like to know if anyone has experience with these products. ie, build quality, sound quality.

So I'm throwing it out there. Are there better products for the same money?

I was looking at the ARCAM range of amps (DiVA A85 & A80 & A90) but just felt the Naim 5i had a better musical quality.

I'm quite happy with the sound of the Quads but was wondering if they are a bit miss matched with my style of music being 80's vinyl (Colourbox, Gary Numan, New Order Etc) and the modern day equivalent (Air, New Order, Zoot Woman, Stereolab, Goldfrapp, Zero 7).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 53
If you are very impressed with the sound quality, should it matter what others think?

I haven't heard any Niam stuff personally, but I have heard that they sound great and are pretty reliable mechanically.

The only way to tell if the speakers are a mismatch are to listen to them using some of your records. One person's mismatching components is another's match made in heaven.

Don't let others influence what you think sounds good. It's your money and ears.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us