B&K Components AVR505

Username: Dixlon

Post Number: 1
I'm looking to upgrade my A/V receiver and I'm looking at the B&K Components AVR505. As anybody heard anything about this model? Your help is appreciated.
Dixlon

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 613
B&K makes great gear. If you can, audition the Lexicon and Sunfire as well. Don't be afraid to compare the Arcam AVR300 to those. It costs less and may perform nearly as well. I would not be surprised if it was equal in many of the most important ways.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the info Art Kyle.
Does the Arcam AVR300, Lexicon SunFire and B&K beat out the Denon 3805 in terms of performance?
DixLon

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 744
I agree with Art. B&K makes excellent gear. I have one of their preamps and it is outstanding in every way.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 614
Definately. Denon isn't in the same ballpark.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1070
I've heard the same thing about the ARCAM and it's quality sound. If you like your receivers 'Plain-Jane' and stripped of virtually all features, you'll really, really like the ARCAM because it comes with nothing.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 615
If you have speakers capable of good sound, not just loud sound, you need a receiver capable of delivering it. If you you have poor quality speakers it doesn't matter. Get a receiver with all the bells and whistles so that you can spend endless hours trying to achieve a sound that is satisfying. Me I'll take the good sounding gear. You can buy a Sony with endless useless features, but how does it sound?

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1072
At least it has a volume knob.......
That's about it though.

HEH

It's a bright shiny silver one too:-)

Post Number: 3
Art Kyle

I have good speakers. I biwire my Mirage bipolars and I have Polk Audio LsiC center speakers and FXi5 surrounds (Polk Audio). I have a SVS PB12-Plus sub which is very good quality. They only make subs. Will the B&K AVR505 be a good chice to drive the speakers?

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 619
The B&K AVR505 would be a good choice to drive any speakers. If you are buying new I would still give the Arcam a listen. It could save you alot of money. I love my NAD T763, but admittedly I would probably have bought Arcam or B&K if my plastic would have stretched that far.

Post Number: 4
Art Kyle,

Which Arcam model rivals the B&K AVR505? Is Arcam better than Denon 3805?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us