Deck System Questions

Username: Gtheissrx

Erie, Pa

Post Number: 1
I have a deck and i would like to set up outdoor deck speakers. I have a compact HiFi Stereo from sony that they say i can't hook up outdoor speakers to. I want a relatively inexpensive toatl package. Do i need a reciever and tuner to drive the deck speakers. I dont want to spend ALOT of money. Suggestions??

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3919

"Do i need a reciever and tuner to drive the deck speakers."

Yep!

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3920

Sorry, wrong answer. You can do without the tuner since the receiver has one built in.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1061
Why not just buy a portable boombox that you can take outside when you want music outdoors?? It will be a lot more cost effective, and will probably sound about as good as cheap outdoor system anyway.

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 200
Another possible alternative is car stereo speakers. They are usually made to withstand harsh conditions and can be inexpensive. Maybe check out the pawn shops for speakers and receiver. Just make sure the receiver is ok driving a 4 ohm load.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3943

The question apparently does not come down to the cost of the speakers but to the cost of having to buy a new amplifier. It is the non-expandable nature of stack and rack systems which makes them such a poor choice for anyone wanting more that that system at a later date. There isn't much to be done with your present system other than sell if to someone you don't know that well. Sooner or later something in the system would have gone out and you would be in the same position of not being able to buy a new piece to replace the old. If money alloys I would look for something new in components and avoid the hassles that always come with rack systems.

capww8
Unregistered guest
or just buy two pair of car speakers... wire in series to two pair.

capww8
Unregistered guest
could use two pair of car speakers... wire in series to one pair.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us