NAD T763...Effortless Seemingly Unlimited Power!

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 595
However, the person hooking it up has run out of steam! It's hooked up, I have not done any setup and it sounds great right out of the box. Problem...I forgot that that the pre amp and receiver are both the same brand, meaning that the remote operates them both. This would be good if I weren't using the pre as a gain for the external power amp. Teri at Stereotypes is checking on a solution and I am awaiting her call.

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 152
So all's well and quiet Art? E.Ramsey

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 596
Indeed...and I haven't even set it up properly yet, amazing. I'm watching Diana Krall "Live in Paris" sound and looks amazing. I am using an expensive Toslink cable which is different for me as I am a coax man, but Teri guaranteed this cable. She offered to send me home with three and bring back whichever I didn't want. It's a 2 1/2 hr rd trip so I decided to just take her recommended cable. It sounds great but makes me want to compare it against her better coax and the coax I was using (an NWAL custom cable). It took me a minute to characterize the the NAD sound but as I continued to turn up the volume and the system didn't seem a bit strained "effortless" came to mind.

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 154
Congrats then Art! I demoed both the T753 and the 763, fine machines indeed,but unfortunately a bit out of my price range so I am left with my lowly Avr335. I can't complain however as it's dead silent when idle and I can turn it nearly all the way up and it's crystal clear with no sign of strain or compression. Got "Live In Paris" on cd, sounds great in logic 7 music mode. Happy listening! E.Ramsey

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 597
Thanks Eric. HK is another great company building real value into their equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 651
Hey Art, I just love that DVD. In particular "I don't know enough about you" with great piano and then BAM... the band kicks in and tne level goes up about 10 dB (I'm guessing). Or the little drum solo on track 7, (I think; maybe it's track 8). Really nice DVD. Great dynamic range. Wish they had turned off her microphone when she plays and doesn't sing, because she hums a lot! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us