Cambridge Audio 540a VS NAD 320 BEE

Username: Burningeye

Post Number: 2
Just purchased a cambridge 540a amp from Richer sounds in the UK and am considering taking it back and swapping it for the NAD 320BEE.

Does anyone have an idea how the two compare? I was going to buy the NAD, then the guys at the store where telling me the cambridge is superior. I'm using the amp with B&W 602 S3 speakers. I listen to a lot of rock/ heavy music and thought that maybe the midtones were a little flat.

It's a bit of a hike to the stereo store and wanted to get some opinions before I did the swap. I'd hate to get there to do the swap then realise the cambridge was better

Silver Member
Username: Valeem

Post Number: 162
Hey James have you seen this:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/10807.html

Both good amps imho just depends on your personal taste. Good thing about richers you can try other kit at home no problem.

Enjoy!

Silver Member
Username: Valeem

Post Number: 164
Forgot to mention if you don't mind nearly new stuff check out ebay as they have some C352's that will probably go for near the price of the 540a. No warranty but I can't see anything going wrong as they don't have any moving parts in them.

Bronze Member
Username: Canuckinapickle

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 87
The 320Bee is good but if you can afford it I say take a step up to the C35x series. The difference there is certainly worth it. Both are good amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us