Velodyne DPS-12 VS. Polk 505

Username: Zachwhite0

Post Number: 8
Hi guys.

I know SVS and HSU are mainly considered the best subs for the money but I can get the Velodyne or the Polk for only $200 and I need to take advantage of it since my budget is small.

Below are links to info on the subs if anyone needs it. Which one would you guys go with?

http://www.polkaudio.com/home/specs.php?category=7&speaker=321

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/97737/rpem/ccd/productDetailSpecification.do #tabs

Velodynes website was down at the time of making this post so I had to use the limited Circuit City spec sheet for the Velodyne.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 652
Probably Velodyne over Polk.

You may also want to consider the $140 (shipped) Dayton 10" sub from partsexpress.com especially if you are primarily an HT user...it gets a lot of great reviews on newsgroups like this.

Silver Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 109
You work at circuit city don't you?

If you do, you get discounts on infinity and you can get the infinity csw-10 for only 300...if you can go that high with your budget, you should give it a try, that thing rumbles my whole block!!

as far as polk vs velo...I would go with the Velodyne. more history with subs, better sound, MUCH better customer service.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 663
In all honesty I have never heard the Infinity CSW-10 but for $300 I'd get the Hsu STF-1 esp. if it's a small or medium sized room.

Or what the hell, get both and return the one you like less.

Username: Zachwhite0

Post Number: 9
Cant return anything I get at a discount. : (
I went with the DPS-12. Hopefully I wont be disappointed.

I got a chance to listen to the Polk PSW12 and I was extremely disappointed in that POS. The DPS-10 I got to hear sounded much better. I know the 505 is a different beast but Im not taking any chances. Just the port noise alone coming from that PSW12 made me want to kick it. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us